Our Car and guide pick you up at Con Son Airport, 13km from Con Dao centre, on the way will go through places such as:
- Co Ong: This place has a name of a kind of tubular grass, height from half a meter up.
- Lo Voi Mui: Where the French-built to produce lime by corals and combine some additives to form a binder instead of cement.
- Hang Keo Cemetery: The first graveyard in Con Dao, where the French colonial burial prisoners died before Hang Duong cemetery. Check-in resort at Con Dao. Relax and have lunch.
You will visit The Lords’ Island house. A place to store documents and images of Con Dao from the French colonial period to the 2000s.
Occupying a total area of 18,600m2, including the main house, the annexe and the garden … This is the residence of 53 generations of the island, spent 113 years (1862-1975). Of which 92 years under the French colonial period with 39 island god and 12 years the American imperial period with 14 island kings lived and worked. A central head of the prison system, run under the control of the Island God.
Continue to visit Con Dao prison. It was built by the French to detain prisoners who were particularly dangerous to the French colonial regime such as political prisoners, … in the French colonial period, they held communist figures and patriotic people against the government. Currently, this place has been included in the list of 23 special national monuments by the Prime Minister of Vietnam. The most famous place in this prison area is the “tiger cages”.
The tiger cages are the names of the prison camps built by France, Vietnam, the United States, and the Republic of Vietnam to detain high-level and dangerous communist figures in the war years.
Move to Hang Duong Cemetery. Hang Duong Cemetery is the largest one in Con Dao. This is the place to bury tens of thousands of Vietnamese revolutionary soldiers and patriots through many generations of imprisonment, lasting from 1862 to 1975, in Con Dao prison of the French colonial government, and later the Republic of Vietnam government. They died under the brutality of the guards and the harsh circumstances of the prison.
Lady Phi Yen Temple, also known as An Son Temple, is located in Con Dao district, which is a place to worship Phi Yen – the second son of Lord Nguyen Phuc Anh (Nguyen Anh). This temple is very sacred for the islanders, as well as tourists and the temple is also associated with a tragic story of a talented, patriotic woman.
Overnight in Con Dao