Yen Binh is blessed by nature with many beautiful and diverse landscapes. Along with that, the traditional folk cultural beauties of ethnic minorities here are favorable conditions for Yen Binh to develop sustainable tourism in the coming time.
1. Where is Yen Binh?
Yen Binh is a mountainous district of Yen Bai province in the Northwestern mountainous region of Vietnam. About 35 km east of Yen Bai city and about 152 km northwest of Hanoi capital. With geographical location:
- The North borders Luc Yen district.
- The West borders Van Yen, Tran Yen, Yen Bai city.
- The South borders Phu Tho province.
- The East borders Tuyen Quang province.
2. How is Yen Binh unique?
Yen Bai tourism has long been famous for destinations such as: Tram Tau, Mu Cang Chai,… but Yen Binh is also a district worth exploring. From the natural landscape, culture to people, there are many unique beautiful marks. Therefore, this place is very suitable for you to experience trips and enjoy new beautiful scenes of Northwest Vietnam.
Furthermore, Yen Binh has complex terrain, moving from the midlands to the mountains, creating many impressive natural scenery. Up to now, Yen Binh district is gradually becoming known to many tourists, especially places such as Thac Ba lake, Thac Ba Mother Goddess Temple, O Do Waterfall,…
In particular, Yen Binh currently has 5 ethnic groups Kinh, Tay, Nung, Dao, and Cao Lan united living together in 22 communes and 2 towns. This creates a unique traditional culture for this beautiful land.
3. When is the best time to travel to Yen Binh?
Each season, Yen Binh will wear different colors, each bringing a unique beauty that makes many tourists flutter. Depending on the needs and preferences of each tourist, there will be different times to choose. Below are some times to travel to Yen Binh that you definitely should not miss:
- January – March: This is an opportunity for you to have the opportunity to immerse yourself and connect more closely with the people and daily life of the friendly and open people of Yen Binh. On this occasion, you will have many cultural experiences, a bustling spring festival, along with many traditional games such as pound throwing, tug of war, horse racing, pot smashing,… many attractive folk games. You will understand more about the unique culture of Yen Binh people.
- May – June: This time is the flood season, the natural scenery is extremely beautiful. When the rains appear, water begins to pour down the mountains, ponds and lakes and lead into terraced fields. It creates fields of water glistening in the bright afternoon sunlight like giant mirrors, reflecting the rays of sunlight shining into the fields, making the water surface shimmer and fanciful, illuminating a corner of the sky.
- September – October: This is the time when Yen Binh attracts a large number of tourists to visit, this is the season of “brilliant yellow” ripe rice. The weather at this time is very pleasant, the air is cool and pleasant. Every morning, walk in the rice fields to admire the golden color of the brilliant terraced fields, capturing these memorable moments.
- December: Traveling to Yen Binh in December, you will also have the opportunity to hunt clouds, watch the white clouds float gently, the scenery becomes so poetic.
4. How to get to Yen Binh from Hanoi?
There are many ways to travel to Yen Bai, below Origin Vietnam will share with you information on how to travel from Hanoi to Yen Binh in the most convenient way:
4.1. Traveling by personal vehicles
According to many people’s experience, traveling by motorbike is the most popular means of travel for almost all backpackers with the purpose of conquering the road, freely admiring the scenery, and capturing wonderful moments. However, with a long distance of about 152 km, this is a real challenge for you. You need to prepare good health for the trip.
Therefore, to have the most convenient trip in Mu Cang Chai, tourists should run in large groups, because the mountainous and forested Yen Bai road has few residential houses, most of the two sides will be forests, mountains and valleys.
If traveling in a group, when you are tired you can change the steering wheel to rest to ensure the safety of your trip. When traveling by motorbike, you need to comply with traffic safety laws, stay in the right lane without crowding, and bring all personal documents such as a citizen identification card, driver’s license, insurance… to have a good trip.
4.2. Traveling by public transport
Buses are no longer strange to many tourists when coming to Yen Binh. There are many different bus trips a day. You can go to My Dinh bus station (Hanoi) to catch the bus. Service quality is also very good, the buses will stop at the end point, Yen Bai Bus Station. You can refer to some of the bus companies below: Viet Phuong bus company, Sao Viet bus company, Hai Van bus company,…
When you arrive in Yen Bai city, you can take an intra-provincial bus, rent a taxi or rent a motorbike to continue moving to Yen Binh.
4.3. Instructions for traveling to Yen Binh
Starting from the center of Hanoi city, you will have 2 main roads to get to Yen Bai easily, which are National Highway 32 and National Highway 70, the road is not too difficult to travel, you can look up the map to see. past the roads.
To get to famous locations such as Van Chan district, Mu Cang Chai and Nghia Lo town, you will follow Highway 32 which is quite a beautiful road and riding a motorbike is also an interesting experience.
Then go towards Yen Bai city and follow Highway 70 or take the Hanoi – Lao Cai highway and exit at the Yen Bai intersection following the sign. When you arrive in Yen Bai city, you continue to follow Nguyen Tat Thanh street and National Highway 37 about 35 km west to reach Yen Binh area.
5. Sightseeings in Yen Binh
5.1. Thac Ba Lake
Referred to as “Ha Long on the mountain”, Thac Ba Lake of Yen Binh district is one of the three largest artificial lakes in Vietnam with a vast sea of water and endless islands reflecting on the blue lake surface.
If you stop by here, you will definitely fall in love with this poetic and majestic beauty at first sight. When visiting Thac Ba Lake by boat, visitors will enjoy the fresh air amid the vast, sparkling water surface reflecting the endless islands to forget all the troubles of life.
5.2. O Do Waterfall
Although it is only a small waterfall, O Do Waterfall possesses a peaceful, fresh and soothing scene. Coming to O Do waterfall, you will admire each wave falling from the cliff with a height of only a few meters. Not too grand but also very safe, giving visitors moments of gentle relaxation, slowing down to reflect on past events and letting go of daily worries.
Surrounding the waterfall are rows of green trees, and in the distance are straight stretches of forest. All year round, the water still flows softly, slowly and quietly.
5.3. Ruby ecotourism area
Located at the edge of Thac Ba Lake, Ruby eco-tourism area. It’s also one of the places that attracts many tourists to visit here. Fresh and spacious space with many areas such as playgrounds, swimming pools, restaurants,… give visitors a perfect relaxing space.
Coming here, visitors can also experience many thrilling games such as windsurfing, boat surfing, flying carpet pulling,… What’s better than participating in exciting activities while relaxing? Immerse yourself in the lush, vast and extremely fresh natural scenery of Thac Ba Lake in the distance.
5.4. Thac Ba Holy Mother Temple
Located on Hoang Thi Mountain, Thac Ba Holy Mother Temple is one of the sacred places, tourist destinations and promoting the cultural traditions of the people here. From the temple yard, visitors can see the panoramic view of Thac Ba hydroelectric plant.
According to legend, every year the Holy Mother often appears and creates blessings, bringing good weather and good crops for people to have a prosperous and happy life. After many times of renovation and restoration, Thac Ba Holy Mother Temple still retains its ancient appearance, still exuding the spirit of the old temple.
Thac Ba Holy Mother Temple not only has spiritual cultural significance but is also an attractive destination for many tourists on the journey to explore the poetic and majestic ecological landscape of Thac Ba Lake.
6. Specialties when traveling to Yen Binh
When traveling to Yen Binh, visitors not only admire the wild and majestic natural landscape, but also have the opportunity to enjoy the specialties of this land.
6.1. Smoked buffalo meat
Smoked buffalo meat is made from fresh pieces of buffalo meat. Mountain buffaloes are grazed naturally, eating grass and forest leaves, so their meat is very firm and sweet. Buffalo meat, after being marinated with typical Northwest spices such as mac hen and wild chili, will be dried on a wood stove or put in an oven. Dried buffalo meat is packaged so it is easy to preserve and convenient for tourists to buy as gifts.
6.2. Bamboo shoots rolled with meat
Bamboo shoots are available in many places, but Yen Bai bamboo shoots are still considered the most delicious and sweet. The season lasts from December to March every year. Traveling to Yen Bai at this time, visitors will have the opportunity to enjoy bamboo shoots rolled with meat – a Yen Bai specialty and also the pride of the people here.
6.3. Ant egg sticky rice
Each locality in the Northwest offers visitors a different specialty. In Yen Bai, that specialty is ant egg sticky rice. When spring comes, it is also the time when black ants lay eggs. People of the Tay, Dao, and Thai ethnic groups in Yen Bai go to the forest to find ant eggs to cook sticky rice. Upland sticky rice combined with Northwest forest ant eggs creates a specialty that visitors will remember forever after eating once.
6.4. Pork Sausages
Besides buffalo meat, sausage is also a Yen Bai specialty that many people choose to buy as a gift. Sausage is made from delicious pork, marinated with rich spices, then hung on a wood stove to smoke. One secret of Yen Bai people to make delicious sausage is to use firewood with fragrant essential oils. Such as cinnamon wood to add flavor to the dish.
6.5. Tu Le sticky rice
Tu Le sticky rice is considered the “jewel of heaven” of the Tu Le valley. This is a famous specialty rice of Van Chan that anyone who has the opportunity to pass here wants to buy. From Tu Le sticky rice, Yen Bai people make many delicious dishes such as Tu Le five-color sticky rice, Tu Le green rice…. Every dish is sticky, every dish is fragrant.
7. Accommodation when traveling to Yen Binh
Because Yen Binh is a land with many famous tourist attractions, visitors do not have to worry too much about finding a place to stay when traveling here. Accommodation facilities are also quite rich and diverse. Most of these accommodations are located in the town center, which creates more favorable conditions for tourists to travel between tourist destinations.
- Ruby Yen Bai Ecotourism Area. Address: Yen Binh Town, Yen Binh, Yen Bai.
- Quang Thoa Hotel. Address: Yen Binh Town, Yen Binh, Yen Bai.
- Thac Ba Cong Doan Tourist Hotel. Address: Yen Binh Town, Yen Binh, Yen Bai.
- Hanh Hoa Vien Hotel. Address: Km9, Highway 70, Yen Binh Town, Yen Binh, Yen Bai.
- Anh Thu Guesthouse. Address: Yen Binh Town, Yen Binh, Yen Bai.
- Long Nguyen Guesthouse. Address: Group 6, Yen Binh Town, Yen Binh, Yen Bai.
- Huong Ly Guesthouse. Address: Yen Binh Town, Yen Binh, Yen Bai.
- Tuan Anh Guesthouse. Address: Yen Binh Town, Yen Binh, Yen Bai.
- Thao Nguyen Homestay. Address: Ngoi Tu, Vu Linh, Yen Binh, Yen Bai.
- Pohzau Homestay. Address: Vu Linh, Yen Binh, Yen Bai.
- Dao Ethnic Homestay. Address: Ngoi Tu, Vu Linh, Yen Binh, Yen Bai.
- Vu Linh Farmstay. Address: Ngoi Tu, Vu Linh, Yen Binh, Yen Bai.
- Thac Ba Family Homestay. Address: Vinh Kien, Yen Binh, Yen Bai.
Restoring and preserving folk cultural values associated with the development of eco-tourism and community tourism has brought interesting experiences to visitors every time they come to Yen Binh.
Now every time Yen Binh is mentioned, it is about the passionate love songs, the bustling sound of the traditional instruments, the sincere warmth and hospitality of the indigenous people… All create core values. of a charming land of mountains and water that attracts tourists from all over.
If you are planning your Vietnam tour to Yen Binh, immediately contact Origin Vietnam – the leading tour operator in Vietnam. With a team of consultants, tour operators and experienced and dedicated local guides, we will accompany visitors on their journey to explore Yen Bai with interesting experiences and retain unforgettable memories.