Yen Bai is a mountainous province, located between the North West – Northeast and Northern Midlands. It borders Lao Cai province to the north, Phu Tho to the south, Ha Giang and Tuyen Quang to the east and Son La province to the west.
Are there any interesting to see in Yen Bai?
With many people seem to travel Yen Bai only Mu Cang Chai, however you ever spent time to study in Yen Bai have other interesting tourist attractions or not? Please refer to this article for more information about the tourist attractions as well as scenery in Yen Bai.
Some attractive tourist in Yen Bai such as:
- Scenic terraces Mu Cang Chai
- Pu Nhu waterfall
- The Lim Lung
- Suoi Giang, the land of ancient tea trees
- Thac Ba lake, one of the largest artificial lake in Vietnam
- Community tour Ngoi Tu
- Muong Lo, the second largest field of North West
- Relics relics Nghia Lo
- Ban Hoc
- Luc Yen gemstone market
- Na Hau Nature Reserve…
Special culture value
Festivals in the countryside of Yen Bai usually take place in the spring, attracting a lot of people involved. Attached to the festival are traditional games of popular peoples such as: throwing pao, tossing, swinging, push sticks, plate racing, dragging, horse racing, spinning …
For exercise, endurance in life, labor and production, many folk games have been formed, gradually evolving into attractive sports. Sports games that show the power and cleverness are crossbow shooting, horse racing, push sticks, stilts, throwing, pounding, spinning, tugging. Currently, not only in the game of common nature, these subjects have been put into competition in the provincial sports.
When is the best time to go to Yen Bai?
- The most famous landmark of Yen Bai is Mu Cang Chai terraced fields, coming to Mu Cang Chai in May-June or September-October, you will in turn admire the wonders of the terraced rice field season.
- In addition, travel Yen Bai from September to September is quite appropriate, now the rainy season of the Northwest has run out, the weather has not moved to the cold of winter.
- If you want to experience a dip in the hot springs amidst the cold winter of the North, then come to Yen Bai from December to January.
How to go to Yen Bai?
From Ha Noi, there are 2 main roads to Yen Bai that are National Highway 32 and National Highway 70. To go to Van Chan, Mu Cang Chai and Nghia Lo districts. You will follow Highway 32, Yen Bai will take you along Highway 70. Publish-bus to Yen Bai is quite a lot and run regularly from My Dinh bus station, however most of these routes have the last stop at Yen Bai Bus Station. If you want to go Nghia Lo, Van Chan, Mu Cang Chai you use the Lai Chau publish bus travel route.
Accommodation in Yen Bai
In addition to Mu Cang Chai terraced fields, other tourist sites in Yen Bai are not well known to tourists. Therefore, there are not many establishments in these areas (except Yen Bai is the center of the province). Usually only guest houses of the district people’s committee. Make sure you check your schedule information in advance for your reservation.