Nha Trang is a coastal city and a center of politics, economics, culture, science and technology and tourism of Khanh Hoa Province, Vietnam. Before becoming the land of Vietnam, Nha Trang belonged to Champa. Cham sites are still in many places in Nha Trang.
The city of Nha Trang is 1.280km from Hanoi, 448km from Ho Chi Minh City, 630km from Hue, 98km from Phan Rang, 220km to Mui Ne, 620km to Can Tho.
How Nha Trang Special Destination for tourist?
Nha Trang was officially recognized as a grade 1 city by the Prime Minister of Vietnam on 22 April 2009. It is one of the first class cities in Vietnam. Nha Trang has known as the jewel of the East Sea, the jewel of green because of its natural value, as well as climate.
Situated in the center of Khanh Hoa Province, in the north it borders on Ninh Hoa Town, Cam Ranh City in the South, Dien Khanh District in the South, in a mountain valley 3 in the North – West – South and adjacent to coast to the east. Nha Trang River and Cua Be River divide Nha Trang into 3 parts, including 27 communes and wards. Before becoming the land of Vietnam, Nha Trang belonged to Champa. The ruins of Chiem still exist in many places in Nha Trang such as Cham towers, Ponagar tower.
According to many researchers, the name “Nha Trang” was formed by the Vietnamese pronunciation of the Cham site, formerly Ya Trang (meaning “Lau river” via Nha Trang today). From the name of the river, after only expanded to land since 1653.
Apart from the heavenly beaches for swimming, Thap Ba Hot springs, Nha Trang has the colorful coral reef underwater. It offers the diversified kinds of fish and marine creatures. Nha Trang becomes one of the best spots for scuba diving and snorkeling. The city is one of the famous entertainment places like Vinpearl Land, Tri Nguyen Aquarium, Hon Tam Resort to get your leisure time.
Nowadays, visitors pay money for both travelling, relaxing and finding inner peace of mind. And Nha Trang, possesses many untouched nature places. They are potential for zentourism development such as Hon Ba, Suoi Do, Ba Ho and Van Phong Bay.
When is the best time to go to Nha Trang?
Nha Trang has a warm weather, but it is also dominated by oceanic climate. Therefore, Nha Trang climate is relatively mild, not too harsh as in the North and not too often hot as in the South. Winter in Nha Trang is cold, summer is long but hot, not too hot. Weather Nha Trang also has two distinct rainy and sunny seasons.
In addition, the coastal city of Nha Trang is less affected by storms. Therefore, Nha Trang tourism is always ready to welcome visitors.
- The best time to travel to Nha Trang is from April to May every year, while the sea and weather are still cool. However, in the period from June to September is peak time summer holiday. Apart from having a bit of hot sun, there is no problem to worry about Nha Trang on this occasion.
Transportation to and from Nha Trang
Nha Trang is a land that is privileged both in terms of geographic location, natural landscape. And with its cultural background. This city has the potential to develop a wide variety of tourism. It has a mild climate and convenient transportation both by waterway, by road, air and rail.
Travel by road
The roads to Nha Trang very convenient, the coastal city on the National Highway 1A. So every day there are thousands of vehicles to and from day to night. Nha Trang tourist city is quite near the famous tourist attractions. From Nha Trang, many people have chosen the road to meet the desire. Such as Nha Trang – Da Lat winding mountains between forests or Mui Ne – Phan Thiet – Nha Trang glides through the thousands of sand white. Nha Trang – Da Nang to feel the harmony between the majestic mountains and the sea paved… This is also the Nha Trang tour selected by many visitors and the move between locations is not too difficult. because they all have high-quality carriages there.
Nha Trang has the largest railway station in the South of Vietnam. All trains stop there. In addition to the unified train, there are SN1-2, SN3-4. Especially, there are high-quality train from Saigon to Nha Trang.
Time Train SE1 & SE2
- [Hanoi 19h30 Nha Trang 21h14] [Saigon 19h30 Nha Trang 3h13]
Time train SE3 & SE4
- [Hanoi 22h00 Nha Trang 22h04] [Saigon 22h00 Nha Trang 4h52]
Time Train SE5 & SE6
- [Hanoi 9h00 Nha Trang 11h36] [Saigon 9h00 Nha Trang 16h21]
Time Train SE7 & SE8
- [Hanoi 6h00 Nha Trang 8h27] [Saigon 6h00 Nha Trang 13h18]
TN1 & TN2 train time
- [Hanoi 13h10 Nha Trang 17h43] [Sai Gon 13h10 Nha Trang 21h17]
TN3 & TN4 train time
- [Ha Noi 14h30 Nha Trang 21h40] [Saigon 14h00 Nha Trang 0h22]
SN3 & SN4 train time
- [Sai Gon 21h25 Nha Trang 8h19] [Nha Trang 18h30 Sai Gon 5h51]
Time of train Boat SNT2 & SNT1
- [Sai Gon 20h00 Nha Trang 5h10] [Nha Trang 7h00 Saigon 3h56]
Travel by air
Cam Ranh International Airport in Nha Trang City is one of the largest airports in Vietnam, serving over 1 million passengers a year and having the highest passenger growth rate in the country. Currently, there are dozens of flights to Nha Trang every day, with peak ticket prices ranging from 2.500.000VND – 3.500.000VND (flying from Hanoi) and from 2.000.000 VND (flying from Saigon). Cam Ranh International Airport also receives non-stop flights from countries such as Singapore’s Silk Airline, from Russia’s Vlapostok Air.
Accommodation in Nha Trang
Nha Trang has many famous sights and is a major tourist center of the country. The long beach of this city has turned into a tourist city. This place has also been chosen as the venue for major events such as the Sea Festival (Nha Trang), or major beauty contests such as Miss Vietnam.
Top 10 recommended Hotels in Nha Trang
- Mia Resort Nha Trang The
- Sheraton Nha Trang Hotel & Spa
- Best Western Premier Hotel Havana Nha Trang
- Novotel Nha Trang Hotel
- Sunrise Hotel Nha Trang Beach Hotel
- Diamond Bay resort & spa
- Michelia Hotel
- Dendro Hotel Nha Trang
- Nha Trang Summer Hotel
- The Light Hotel & Resort
Tourist attraction in Nha Trang
Honored as one of the most beautiful bays in the world, Nha Trang Bay makes the city of the same name become an indispensable beach destination when tourists want to find the sea. This jade-blue beach picture is adorned with endless golden sand beaches, waves-whispering islands, or busy fishing villages at the back.
Other tourism destinations for your consideration in Nha Trang:
- Long Son Pagoda: Thai Nguyen Street
- Ponagar Cham Towers or Thap Ba: 2 Thang 4 Street
- National Oceanographic Museum of Vietnam: 1 Cau Da street
- Nha Trang Live – a place to get free city maps, drinks and tour travel guide books: intersection of Thong Nhat and 2 Thang 4
- Vinpearl Resort Nha Trang and Vinpearl Amusement Park.
- Tri Nguyen Aquarium: on Hon Mieu Island with the design of a go-aground ship, is also worth visiting.
- Tran Phu Beach, Doc Let Beach, Dai Lanh Beach: best places for surfing and diving.
- Hon Tam (Silkworm islet): Vinh Nguyen, Nha Trang
- Hon Tre (Bamboo islet): Vinh Nguyen, Nha Trang
- Thap Ba Hot spring: Ngọc Hiệp, Nha Trang. Open time: 7:00am – 19:30pm