Mu Waterfall is one of the top choices if you want to explore destinations near Hanoi – Vietnam. The natural beauty of the mountains and forests, along with the rare fresh air, will make you excited. Let’s join Origin Vietnam team to learn about the experience of visiting Mu waterfall below.
1. Where is Mu Waterfall?
Mu Waterfall is located on Mu stream, with an altitude of over 100m, in Tu Do commune, Lac Son district, Hoa Binh province, Vietnam. It’s about 80 km south of Hoa Binh city and about 140 km southwest of Hanoi capital. Mu Waterfall, located in the majestic Truong Son mountain range, has a surprisingly wild beauty with clear, cool blue water.
2. How is Mu Waterfall unique?
Far different from the noise and bustle of the city, this place has extremely fresh air with white water streams rushing down from above. The beauty of the natural landscape and the cool, clear blue water flowing down the cliffs increasingly attract many domestic and foreign tourists. Because it’s one of the 15 most beautiful waterfalls in Vietnam.
3. When is the best time to travel to Mu Waterfall?
The climate at Mu waterfall is divided into two distinct seasons: rainy season and dry season.
- The rainy season is also the time to enter summer, from May to September. This is the most suitable time for you to go to Mu Waterfall. At this time, the waterfall has a lot of cool water, suitable for bathing in the waterfall, away from the hot sun of the city. However, this is also the time when a lot of tourists visit, so if you don’t like crowds, you can choose another time.
- The dry season lasts from October to April of the following year. At this time, Mu Waterfall looks extremely magical because of the surrounding fog. People rarely go to the waterfall at this time because this is the cold season. For those who like to stay away from noise and like few people, this is the ideal time to go.
Additionally, if you want to experience local festivals, you can come here during the festival season. The International Skydiving Festival takes place every November and is held every 2 years. Besides, the gong festival takes place every January and is organized by the Muong people.
4. How to get to Mu Waterfall?
Mu Hoa Binh Waterfall is about 140 km from Hanoi, so it is very easy for you to arrange work to come here. Currently, there is no direct bus route from Hanoi to Mu waterfall. The fastest way for you to get here is by motorbike or personal car. With a distance of 140 km, the travel time only takes about 3-3.5 hours to get there.
From the center of Hanoi, you drive along Nguyen Trai street in the direction of Ha Dong to Ba La intersection. Continue to Van Dinh – Te Tieu – Ho Chi Minh trail – go to Cuc Phuong forest about 100km. Then turn right for another 15 km to reach Vu Ban town, Lac Son district of Hoa Binh.
Vu Ban town is about 20 km from Mu waterfall, you will move to the center of Mu village, go about 10 km further to reach the ticket collection station to enter the waterfall. The road from the town to Mu waterfall is hilly, winding and dangerous, but the scenery is extremely beautiful. The road is small, with some sharp turns, a 16-seat car can still go there.
5. Activities and experiences at Mu Waterfall
5.1. Take a cool waterfall bath
Traveling to Mu waterfall, you will surely bathe under the cool waterfall, the water flowing day and night with white foam. The deepest part of the waterfall is only about 2m so it will not be too dangerous when you play in the water. Around the waterfall, there are still large shade trees that provide cool shade for those who can sit and enjoy the view.
The water here is so cool that shops around here often soak their drinks in spring water instead of refrigerators. The water flowing from the ravine is both clear and cool.
5.2. Explore Mu Cave
At the foot of Mu Waterfall is Mu Cave, only in the dry season when little water can enter the cave. When exploring the cave, remember to bring a flashlight to light the way. Inside Mu cave, there are many beautiful stalactites with different strange shapes, which are masterpieces of nature. When shining a flashlight, the stalactites become sparkling and magical, as if they were plated with gold.
6. Specialties when traveling to Mu Waterfall
Mu Waterfall is a tourist area located in the mountains and forests, so exploring culinary dishes with mountainous flavors is a great suggestion. You can enjoy attractive dishes such as: bamboo-tube rice, mountain snails, mountain crabs, grilled stream fish, etc. What’s better than adding a bottle of Hoa Binh wine?
In addition, you can also organize a BBQ party with friends right at the foot of the cool waterfall. However, you should bring food and drinks from home because there are not many shopping services at Mu Waterfall. To enjoy Hoa Binh specialties, you and your relatives can return to the city, town or go to roadside restaurants.
7. Accommodation when traveling to Mu Waterfall
Mu Hoa Binh Waterfall is a famous tourist destination, however tourist accommodation services are not as developed as some other places. You can refer to some homestays below:
- Suoi Mu Lodge Homestay. Address: Suoi Mu, Tu Do, Lac Son, Hoa Binh.
- LePont Mu Waterfall Bungalow. Address: Suoi Mu, Lac Son, Hoa Binh.
- The sound of Suoi Homestay. Address: Suoi Mu, Lac Son, Hoa Binh.
8. Some important notes when traveling to Mu Waterfall
Besides the useful information above when traveling to Mu Waterfall, to have a safe and convenient trip, you need to keep in mind the following important things:
- When traveling to Thac Mu by motorbike, remember to check and maintain the vehicle before departing. Because if it breaks down or breaks down in the middle of the road, there are very few repair places. And don’t forget to bring all your documents, mirrors, helmets, etc. to ensure the safety of your trip.
- Bring a bathing suit or compact clothes for bathing in the stream.
- Bring soft, low-soled shoes for walking and slippers for bathing.
- If camping or organizing outdoor dining, remember to clean up trash neatly and throw it away in the right place to maintain general hygiene.
- Traveling to Mu Waterfall requires going into the forest, so don’t forget to bring medicine to prevent mosquito bites and insect bites.
Exploring Mu waterfall is one of the interesting experiences that anyone should try when taking a Hoa Binh tour. It is not too far from the capital Hanoi and is also an ideal destination for a weekend trip for you and your family.
What are you waiting for? Start visiting Mu Waterfall right away. Please make a call to Origin Vietnam team, you will experience the exciting tour Vietnam to discover Mu Waterfall with many interesting experiences and be accompanied by our team of consultants, tour operators and professional, dedicated local guides.