Luong Son – an outstanding destination of Hoa Binh with beautiful natural scenery. Coming here, you will have the opportunity to experience a memorable vacation. Let’s explore the Luong Son travel experience with the exciting activities shared below by Origin Vietnam team.
1. Where is Luong Son?
Luong Son is a district of Hoa Binh province located in the Northwest region of Vietnam. About 30 km northeast of Hoa Binh city and about 45 km southwest of Hanoi capital. With geographical location:
- The East borders Chuong My district and My Duc district of Hanoi city
- The West borders Hoa Binh city and Kim Boi district
- The South borders Lac Thuy district
- The North borders Quoc Oai district and Thach That district, Hanoi city.
2. How is Luong Son unique?
Luong Son has diverse terrain with many mountains, hills, valleys and streams. With a temperate, cool, pleasant climate all year round, suitable for ecotourism and relaxation.
This is considered one of the cultural centers of the Muong land, with beautiful, simple natural landscapes and the unique cultural lifestyle of the Muong community – an ethnic group that accounts for 70% of the population in Luong Son. .
With a combination of beautiful natural landscapes, unique traditional culture and well-invested and thoughtful accommodation facilities. Plus many attractive tourist attractions. Such as Dong Chanh lake, Da Bac cave, Man Nguyen cave,… Luong Son is currently a resort destination attracting many domestic and foreign tourists.
3. When is the best time to travel to Luong Son?
With a large area and many beautiful landscapes, visitors can come to Luong Son in any season with different experiences.
- Usually tourists like to come to Luong Son in the summer because the weather in many destinations here is very fresh and cool.
- May-June will be the time to attract tourists because of the golden rice season.
- Tourists should not forget to come to Luong Son in the spring, when hundreds of flowers bloom and white mist covers the houses of the Muong ethnic people halfway up the mountain.
4. How to get to Luong Son?
Depending on the number of participants and your preferences when traveling to Luong Son, you can choose one of the following means of transportation:
- By motorbike: You travel a distance of about 45 km in about an hour. From Hanoi city center, go through the Nga Tu So overpass and then go to Nguyen Trai street. Continue following Thanh Xuan underpass and then go straight to Tran Phu street (National Highway 6). When you arrive at Don market street, you have already set foot in the Luong Son area.
- Travel by bus: There are many bus routes to choose from, with very flexible travel times. You can catch a bus at bus stations such as: My Dinh, Yen Nghia, Giap Bat. Bus trips to Hoa Binh city all pass through Luong Son territory.
- By bus: You can choose bus route number 72, 87 or 04. These are buses passing through Luong Son. When you get off the bus, you can catch a motorbike taxi or taxi to go to your destination.
5. Sightseeings & things to do in Luong Son
5.1. Da Bac Cave
Da Bac Cave is an attractive tourist destination in Luong Son, Hoa Binh. The cave is located on the top of the mountain, from here you can admire the beautiful natural landscape of Luong Son.
Da Bac Cave has a unique architecture with a system of tunnels, niches, and stalactites, created by strange and diversely colored rocks. The rocks look like they were meticulously carved, creating a unique, enchanting and highly aesthetic space.
Besides, the cave also has an LED lighting system installed, creating beautiful lighting effects, making the space in the cave sparkling and colorful. Not only is it a tourist destination, Da Bac Cave is also a suitable place for wedding photography, model photography, or photo sessions with family and friends.
5.2. Dong Chanh Lake
The lake has a majestic, wild and quiet beauty, giving visitors moments of relaxation and peace in the hustle and bustle of modern life.
Dong Chanh Lake is located between mountains, surrounded by pine forests and green hills. This destination attracts tourists because of the wildness and rusticity of the natural landscape. Especially in the fall when the forests change color and create beautiful pictures.
In addition, Dong Chanh Lake is also an ideal place for fun, recreational and sports activities, such as fishing, swimming, kayaking and hiking trails in the forest. That helps visitors participate in outdoor activities and maximize the beautiful natural space of Luong Son.
5.3. Lam Son driftwood craft village
The driftwood craft village in Lam Son is one of the interesting destinations in Luong Son, Hoa Binh. The village is located in Lam Son commune, Luong Son district, Hoa Binh province, about 60 km northwest of Hanoi.
The driftwood craft village is famous for its unique and high-quality driftwood products, hand-crafted by talented local artisans. Driftwood is a special type of wood that has beautiful colors and is difficult to be attacked by termites. So it is widely used to make furniture, decorations and household items.
When visiting the Driftwood Craft Village, visitors can witness the process of hand-crafting driftwood by artisans and visit shops displaying driftwood products. In addition, visitors can also learn about the history and culture of the local people through chatting with artisans and local people.
5.4. Suoi Ngoc Vua Ba
Suoi Ngoc Vua Ba is a famous tourist destination in Vietnam, located in the Northwest region and is considered one of the most attractive destinations in this region.
The beauty of Suoi Ngoc Vua Ba is the perfect combination of nature and people. The landscape around the stream is wild and beautiful, with lush green mountains and dense trees. The stream has transparent blue water, forming streams flowing gently through smooth rocks. Besides, there are also high waterfalls, creating beautiful water sprays.
In addition, Suoi Ngoc Vua Ba is also covered by a layer of white clouds and warm sunlight, creating cool and fresh air. When you come here, you can cool off, relax and admire the beautiful scenery, or explore other attractions. Such as caves, grasslands, and tropical forests.
5.5. Man Nguyen Cave
Man Nguyen Cave is a national scenic spot, making anyone who visits surprised by its wonderful beauty. This cave is described as giant stalactite castles delicately carved by the hands of nature. Even more special, in the evening, natural lights like glitter emanating from inside create a mysterious and magical atmosphere.
5.6. Sanh Tree
The ancient Sanh tree, with an age of over 800 years, has been recognized as a heritage tree of Vietnam. The location of this ancient banyan tree with 54 roots, right at the beginning of the village, creates a special natural masterpiece and is considered a guardian deity at the village gate.
This is one of the ideal places to visit, take photos and relax in Hoa Binh. For the people of Luong Son, this Sanh tree is also a symbol of origin and growth, maturity and then returning to the sacred motherland.
5.7. Kho Thuong Cave
The cave entrance is only wide enough for one person to pass through. When entering, you will feel the cool and majestic atmosphere, with a cave dome over 20m high and many beautiful shapes of stalactites. Going deeper into the second cave, you will be amazed by the splendid beauty. And exquisite shapes on the stalagmites, creating the feeling of standing in front of a majestic castle.
The third cave has a length of 15m and the widest part is up to 7m, with many stone sprouts, stone columns, stalactites hanging down. Especially protruding, creating a captivating landscape, making visitors feel satisfied. Kho Thuong Cave has been recognized as a National Scenic Spot since 2008 and is always ready to welcome visitors from everywhere.
5.8. Thung Dau Stream
The stream originates from the top of Bai Son mountain, 100m above the ground. The stream forms a system of alternating small waterfalls, creating a chain of lakes consisting of 2 consecutive lakes.
To get to Thung Dau stream when traveling to Luong Son from Highway 6, it takes about 10 km through hilly roads and rugged mountains, suitable for young people who love to explore and are passionate about trekking. The road to this water source is attractive enough to meet the requirements of tourists who are passionate about exploring without having to go to Sa Pa or Dong Van to experience it.
This region is rich with trees and clear blue waters. The air is much cooler and fresher than the city, making it an ideal place to rest, travel and explore with family and friends.
6. Specialties when traveling to Luong Son
Delicious dishes that you should try when coming to Luong Son include:
- Buffalo meat cooked in Lom leaves: This is a delicious specialty of the Muong ethnic group in Hoa Binh. Buffalo meat is boiled and cleaned, then stuffed until soft. When eaten, buffalo meat is served with Lom leaves, a type of sour leaf that is crushed and stewed with broken rice, creating a unique and attractive flavor.
- Boiled pig: This type of pig is raised naturally, so the meat is firmer and more delicious than lowland pigs. The pork is cleaned, then boiled until just enough, sliced thinly and presented on a plate in an eye-catching way.
- Wild vegetables: When traveling to Luong Son, you must try specialties made from wild vegetables such as: leopard vegetable, stinging nettle vegetable, pennywort, pennywort, banana flower, white male papaya flower,… often appears in Muong people’s meals.
7. Accommodation when traveling to Luong Son
To find a suitable place to stay when traveling to Luong Son, you can refer to some hotels and resorts below:
- Blue-collar Duck Spa Resort. Address: Xom Gieng Xa, Cu Yen, Luong Son, Hoa Binh.
- Sunset Villas & Resort. Address: Go Cap Lake, Tan Vinh, Luong Son, Hoa Binh.
- Jardin de Fleurs Resort Luong Son. Address: Tan Vinh, Luong Son, Hoa Binh.
- Beverly Hills Luong Son Resort. Address: Cu Yen, Luong Son district, Hoa Binh.
- Sun Blush Villa. Address: Go Cap Lake, Tan Vinh, Luong Son District, Hoa Binh.
- Ivory Villas & Resort. Address: Lam Son, Luong Son district, Hoa Binh.
- Green House Hotel. Address: Luong Son Town, Luong Son, Hoa Binh.
- Xanh Homestay. Address: Hop Hoa, Luong Son district, Hoa Binh.
- Hong Thu Guesthouse. Address: Luong Son Town, Luong Son, Hoa Binh.
- Hoang Long Guest House. Address: National Highway 6, Luong Son Town, Luong Son, Hoa Binh.
- Uyen Khanh Guest House. Address: Hoa Son, Luong Son, Hoa Binh.
- Binh Minh Guesthouse. Address: No. 78/6A, Sub-zone 9, Luong Son Town, Luong Son, Hoa Binh.
- Pacific Motel. Address: 114, Vo Trong Phung Street, Hoa Son, Luong Son, Hoa Binh.
If you are preparing for a Hoa Binh tour to Luong Son, immediately contact Origin Vietnam – a reputable Vietnam tour operator. With a team of consultants, tour operators and local guides who are experienced, professional and deeply knowledgeable about this land. We will accompany you on a private tour Vietnam to discover Luong Son with many interesting surprises and unforgettable experiences.