The Lung Po flagpole is the pride of the people of Lao Cai province in particular and the people of Vietnam in general. This is where the Red River flows into Vietnam territory. The Lung Po flagpole project is always an attractive destination for tourists on tourist routes in the vicinity of Lao Cai international border gate.
1. Where is the Lung Po flagpole?
The Lung Po flagpole stands proudly in the border region, marking the territory of Vietnam. The flagpole is located in A Mu Sung commune, Bat Xat district, Lao Cai province.
Lung Po Flagpole is not only the pride of the Vietnamese people but also a major project contributing to the tourism development of the border area of Bat Xat and Lao Cai.
2. How is the Lung Po flagpole unique?
Lung Po is not a village or a commune. This name refers to a stream flowing in Bat Xat district. However, for a long time, Lung Po has been called a place in the border region of the country. Lung Po Stream has important significance in dividing the waterways of Vietnam and China.
On the way to Lung Po flagpole, visitors will have to conquer 125 spiral steps. From the highest place, you can look out to the vast majestic landscape of the mountains and forests of Northwest Vietnam. In particular, this beautiful, blue stream flows out to meet the Red River, forming Lung Po intersection. That is the point that marks the meeting of the small stream and the first point of the Red River on Vietnamese territory.
3. What does the Lung Po National flagpole mean?
3.1 Symbolizes Fansipan mountain peak and high mountain areas:
The height of the Lung Po Lao Cai flagpole is 31.43m, symbolizing Fansipan peak. The highest mountain in Vietnam with an altitude of 3,143m. This emphasizes the love and pride of local people for the beautiful and majestic mountains of Lao Cai.
3.2 Symbolizes ethnic diversity:
The flag has an area of 25m2 hanging on the top of the Lung Po flagpole. Symbolizes 25 ethnic groups in Lao Cai province. This demonstrates the solidarity and cultural diversity of the ethnic community in the region.
3.3 Affirming territorial sovereignty:
The Lung Po flagpole marks the national border, especially the border with China. And from there, it has important significance in affirming Vietnam’s territorial sovereignty.
3.4 Honoring heroes and soldiers:
This work is also a tribute and commemoration of heroes and soldiers who sacrificed for the independence and border sovereignty of the Fatherland. It evokes the spirit of sacrifice and solidarity of the people, as well as the army in protecting the country.
4. What is the best time to travel to the Lung Po flagpole?
Depending on your time budget and preferences, plan the schedule that best suits you. Because traveling to Lung Po – Bat Xat flagpole is beautiful in every season, every season has its own characteristics. However, you should refer to some of the information below to make your trip more perfect:
- September – February next year: Cloud hunting season. The weather at this time is dry and cold, creating ideal conditions for successful cloud hunting.
- February – April: Fruit season. This is the time when all kinds of flowers bloom, such as plum blossoms, peach blossoms, pear blossoms, etc., making this place take on an extra layer of virtual brilliance.
- August – September: Ripe rice season. If you are passionate about the scenery of golden terraced fields, traveling during this time is truly ideal.
5. How to get to Lung Po flagpole
5.1 By public transport
From Hanoi, you can catch a bus from My Dinh bus station or take a train to Lao Cai city. With a distance of about 300 km, the travel time is about 8 hours by train and 5 hours by car.
Although the Lung Po flagpole in Bat Xat district is only 80 km from Lao Cai city, it will take you about 3-5 hours to get there. However, the scenery along the way is truly wonderful, you will definitely not miss this moment and your efforts will be rewarded when traveling to this place.
5.2 By personal vehicle
For tourists who have a passion for exploring nature, motorbikes are also an option. You can be proactive about the time and schedule of your trip. In particular, you can stop anywhere, anytime to admire the amazing natural scenery along both sides of the road.
However, you need to ensure good health, strong driving skills on mountainous roads and always be equipped with protective gear, identification documents, carefully check your motorbike, etc. to ensure your safety. this challenging journey.
5.3 Instructions for moving to Lung Po flagpole
From Hanoi to Lao Cai city
The distance from Hanoi to Lao Cai is about 335 km. Departing from Hanoi, tourists go towards Nhat Tan bridge, turn onto Vinh Phuc street to enter the Hanoi – Lao Cai highway, then drive about 5 hours to reach Lao Cai city. This is the shortest route and has the most convenient traffic.
From Lao Cai city, go to Lung Po flagpole
From Lao Cai city, tourists travel along provincial road DT156 about 82 km northwest to reach the Lung Po flagpole area.
6. Activities and experiences in Lung Po flagpole
6.1 Admiring the natural landscape from the top of the flagpole
When coming here, visitors can follow the spiral staircase inside the flagpole to go to the top. From the top of the flagpole, you will have a panoramic view of the beautiful mountains of Bat Xat district. In the distance are villages of ethnic minorities, nearby is Lung Po junction where Lung Po stream and Red river meet.
Coming to Lung Po flagpole means coming to the Northwest region of Vietnam. You cannot miss the beautiful scenes of nature such as terraced fields and fields glistening with water during the rainy season. The golden color of ripe rice fields in: A Lu, Ngai Thau or Y Ty,… always makes visitors fascinated by the beautiful scenery here.
More specifically, the community tourism model is increasingly developing so you can visit, explore and experience many activities in the villages of the Ha Nhi people in Y Ty.
6.2 Visiting milestone 92
In addition to visiting the Lung Po national flagpole, visitors should also not forget to take photos with milestone 92. This is the point where the Red River begins to flow into Vietnamese territory. The landmark is located right at Lung Po intersection. This milestone includes 3 pillars: milestone 92(1) is located on the Vietnamese side; Marker 92(2) and marker 92(3) are located on the river bank in Chinese territory.
Right from this landmark location is the upstream of the Red River, leading cool alluvial water streams along the northern provinces of our country. Along the river banks are peaceful villages, interspersed with beautiful green fields and upland fields.
7. Specialties when traveling to Lung Po flagpole
Bat Xat is not only famous for its enchanting beauty, but the food here also makes you ecstatic. You will enjoy such delicious and unique food, it is true that once you eat it, you will remember it for a lifetime.
The beautiful scenery along the way will make you stop to admire and take photos. Fresh air also makes your meals more delicious. Really, every dish is delicious when eaten: boiled Ban pork dipped in mixed salt, whole boiled Ban chicken, fragrant sweet meat, stir-fried chicken intestines with Jiaogulan leaves.
Bat Xat also has many other delicious dishes such as: Den Sang salmon, Ban Xeo arrowroot vermicelli, cat apples, San Lung wine, Seng Cu rice, wild shiitake mushrooms cooked in chicken soup,…Buy a little of each as a gift for your loved one. relatives, friends.
8. Accommodation when traveling to Lung Po flagpole
Because the Lung Po flagpole destination is about 70 km from Bat Xat town center, this destination is suitable for a Sapa tour package. Therefore, you should choose accommodation right in the center of town to easily move between different destinations:
- Trung Anh Guesthouse. Address: Bat Xat Town, Bat Xat, Lao Cai.
- Vu Thi Lan Homestay. Address: Ban Qua, Bat Xat, Lao Cai.
- Chin Van Ngan Homestay. Address: Muong Hum, Bat Xat, Lao Cai.
- Thao Nguyen Xanh Homestay. Address: Y Ty, Bat Xat, Lao Cai.
- Guest house of the District People’s Committee. Address: Bat Xat Town, Bat Xat, Lao Cai.
- Trang Homestay. Address: Ban Veo, Bat Xat, Lao Cai.
- Thinh Dat Homestay. Address: Ban Vuoc, Bat Xat, Lao Cai.
- Minh Thuong Homestay. Address: Opposite the market, Y Ty, Bat Xat, Lao Cai.
9. Some other famous destinations near Lung Po flagpole
9.1 The Pa Valley
The Pa Valley is the second attraction that we want to take you on your journey to discover Bat Xat. This is one of the places that captivates many people who love to explore the Northwest land. The most attractive point is The Pa valley, which is the terraced fields stretching across the hillside, seemingly like a sheet of iridescent silk, very eye-catching.
9.2 Lao Chai village
Not far from the center of Bat Xat district is Lao Chai village. This is where the Ha Nhi ethnic people live. The houses in the village are built firmly, they are hundreds of years old but are still not damaged. Looking at the village from afar, you can easily spot the lush green forest amidst the hazy clouds, this scene is just like in a fairy tale.
9.3 Thien Sinh bridge
According to the Ha Nhi ethnic language, Thien Dinh Bridge can be understood as “heavenly born”. This destination is located in Lao Chai village, about 10 km from Y Ty commune. This bridge seems very simple but it carries an extremely great meaning.
This is the boundary between Vietnam and China. Setting foot on the other side of the bridge, visitors will go to your country’s territory. Under the bridge is the rushing Lung Po stream, creating a symphony among the Northwest mountains and forests.
9.4 Nhiu Co San
Although the terrain is complex and requires a very strenuous and arduous journey to reach the milestone, trekkers have never been deterred by the beauty of Nhiu Co San. Beautiful nature, misty scenery, gentle and kind people, these are all pieces that create an impressive Nhiu Co San in the eyes of tourists.
10. Some important notes when traveling to Lung Po flagpole
- Bat Xat is a district near the border with China. Therefore, on the way you will encounter many border stations. So you need to bring all your identification documents when needed.
- If you rent a motorbike in Sapa to explore Bat Xat, you will usually have to leave an ID card. It’s best to bring a photocopy of your ID card with you to submit to them, keep the original, because you will likely have to report documents to the border station.
- You should bring a first aid box, which contains: Cotton, bandages, gauze, etc. in case you need to use it.
- This area is remote and sparsely populated. You should bring cash to facilitate service transactions.
- For tourists traveling by motorbike, it is necessary to carefully check the vehicle and bring spare gasoline because this area has few repair services and gasoline sales.
- You should also bring bottled water and snacks such as chocolate, snacks, dry food, etc. to supplement energy when needed.
Lung Po is one of the famous tourist destinations of Bat Xat district, Lao Cai province with the highlight being the Lung Po flagpole and the sacred milestone 92. Coming here, you will not only admire the majestic natural landscape but also be more proud of Vietnam’s mountains and the heroic sacrifices of border guards to protect Vietnam’s borders.
What could be more honorable than Origin Vietnam – the best travel company in Vietnam, to accompany you on your Sapa tour to explore Lao Cai. With a team of consultants, tour operators and experienced and dedicated local guides, we guarantee you will have a vacation with many interesting experiences and unforgettable memories.