Hoa Binh has long been a province with many beautiful tourist destinations in the northern mountainous region of Vietnam. When mentioning Hoa Binh, people immediately think of Mai Chau, Thung Nai, Cao Phong, Kim Boi, etc. But do you know, traveling to Ky Son is also an experience worth trying when returning to this province.
1. Where is Ky Son?
Ky Son is a district in Hoa Binh province, about 15 km northeast of Hoa Binh city and about 60 km west of Hanoi capital. With geographical location:
- The East borders Luong Son and Kim Boi districts.
- The West borders Hoa Binh city and Phu Tho province
- The South borders Hoa Binh city
- The North borders Hanoi city.
2. How is Ky Son unique?
Previously, Ky Son was a district located in the Northeast of Hoa Binh province. Currently, this district has merged into Hoa Binh city. Today, Ky Son is a beautiful land with diverse terrain with the Da River flowing through, majestic mountains, and fresh, impressive natural scenery.
Traveling to Ky Son, you will have the opportunity to see the beautiful new skies that mother nature bestows on this land. With low mountainous terrain and steep slopes, the beautiful scenery of Ky Son appears so clear and peaceful, every angle is impressive. No need for famous destinations, just a space filled with plants and mountains is very beautiful and poetic.
One of the impressive highlights of Ky Son tourism is the beauty of the Da River. Thanks to the Da River flowing through it, it creates a charming picture of mountains and water, opening up great tourism potential for this province. Walking along the banks of Da River to admire the scenery and save many beautiful moments is also an experience not to be missed.
3. When is the best time to travel to Ky Son?
Ky Son has a quite pleasant and cool climate, the temperature ranges from 21 – 24 degrees Celsius, hot summers with lots of rain, cold winters, dry and little rain. Therefore, you should consider choosing the right time to travel to Ky Son and explore the many beautiful scenes of this place.
However, according to the experience of many tourists, the low rainy season is the most suitable for traveling around Ky Son to visit and the ideal time to visit Ky Son is from September to April next year.
4. How to get to Ky Son?
4.1. By personal vehicle
Because the distance is not too far, visitors can travel to Ky Son by personal vehicle, motorbike or car, which is most convenient. Furthermore, if you travel by personal vehicle, you can be proactive in your time, schedule and have the opportunity to admire the beautiful scenery on both sides of the road.
4.2. By public transportation
You can easily catch passenger buses from bus stations in Hanoi such as My Dinh, Giap Bat, Yen Nghia moving to Ky Son, Hoa Binh. The distance is not too far, about 55 km from Hanoi, so the travel time only takes about 1-1.5 hours.
4.3. How to get to Ky Son
Starting from Hanoi, visitors can get to Ky Son by two different routes:
- First route: From the inner city, tourists move to Nga Tu So, Nguyen Trai street, to Ba La intersection, and go straight to National Highway 6. From here, you just follow Highway 6 west about 43 km to Mong Hoa commune, Ky Son district.
- Second route: From the inner city, tourists move to Tran Duy Hung street (Cau Giay), to the intersection of Tran Duy Hung and Khuat Duy Tien, you go straight onto Thang Long Avenue. From here, you just follow Thang Long Avenue – Lang – Hoa Lac Highway for about 50 km. And turn left onto provincial road DT446 at the intersection of Ba Noi, Mong Hoa, and Ky Son hamlets. Continue moving along DT446 for another 3 km, then meet National Highway 6, turn left, follow National Highway 6 for about 3 more km to Mong Hoa commune, Ky Son district, Hoa Binh province.
5. Sightseeing, Activities and experiences in Ky Son
5.1. Thang Thien Waterfall
Thang Thien waterfall eco-tourism area is located in the Vien Nam mountain range. This tourist complex owns a total area of more than 350 hectares, has a clear and cool stream, and a waterfall pouring down from a height of several tens of meters all year round with white foam. Coming here, you will comfortably visit, relax and have truly wonderful moments.
5.2. Exploring beautiful natural landscapes
For a long time, Ky Son has been evaluated as a land that can be strongly exploited for tourism. Besides Thang Thien waterfall, Ky Son also has many other interesting destinations that you can take time to explore. Such as: Suoi Bui, Dong Ben Lake, Suoi Choi Lake, Ron Lake, the “Green Ky Son” complex, Ho Du,… These are all places that can invest in strong tourism development in the future.
5.3, Learning about Muong ethnic culture
Especially during the Ky Son travel itinerary, visitors also have the opportunity to learn about the culture of the Muong ethnic group here. Local authorities are also very interested in preserving traditional indigenous cultural beauty. Muong families in Ky Son all know how to use traditional musical instruments, sing folk songs, etc. to serve tourists, creating more attraction for community tourism development.
In addition, Ky Son also has many community tourism villages, homestay services, accommodation areas, etc. These things will make Ky Son increasingly attractive, attracting many tourists to come here to travel and explore. and experience like a true local.
6. Specialties when traveling to Ky Son
When traveling to Ky Son, visitors not only admire the beautiful, fresh and cool natural landscape but also have the opportunity to enjoy many delicious specialties of Hoa Binh province such as: bamboo-tube rice, grilled hill chicken, Buffalo meat cooked in Lom leaves, wild pork, wild vegetables, spring rolls with grapefruit leaves,…Each dish with its unique flavor makes visitors forever remember the cuisine of the beautiful land of Hoa Binh.
7. Accommodation when traveling to Ky Son
At this tourist area, there are community stilt houses and a lakeside resort to serve tourists. Depending on your needs, you can choose the type that best suits you to enjoy a complete trip.
In addition, you can refer to some other accommodation facilities as follows:
7.1. Resorts/ Villas:
- Ohara Villas & Resort. Address: Dan Hoa, Ky Son, Hoa Binh.
- Cao Vang Resort. Address: Mong Hoa, Ky Son, Hoa Binh.
- Kai Resort Villas. Address: Km57, Highway 6, Mong Hoa, Ky Son, Hoa Binh.
- Asia Hotel. Address: Ngoc Hamlet, Trung Minh, Ky Son, Hoa Binh.
- Ha Giang Hotel. Address: Ngoc Street, Trung Minh Commune, Ky Son, Hoa Binh.
- Green Tree Motel. Address: Dan Ha, Ky Son, Hoa Binh.
- Thao Nguyen Xanh Motel. Address: Highway 6, Dan Hoa, Ky Son, Hoa Binh.
8. Some special notes before traveling to Ky Son
- Tourists coming here to have fun and experience need to comply with the resort’s regulations on camping rules and safety principles.
- You need to pay attention to hygiene, avoid throwing trash or affecting the environment.
- To fully enjoy your trip, you should bring a jacket also hat that you can comfortably participate in outdoor activities.
- If you need to stay at a community motel or resort. You should proactively contact and make reservations in advance to avoid running out of space, especially on weekends or holidays.
- It is necessary to bring identification documents and check the vehicle carefully to ensure safety. Especially for tourists traveling by motorbike.
- Because there are many experiential activities here, you need to bring soft, low-soled shoes. Also sandals to participate in the activities comfortably and comfortably.
It can be seen that Ky Son possesses great potential to become an attractive destination in the near future. Perhaps in just a few years, this locality will “pop up” to become the new tourist center of Hoa Binh, attracting many travellers.
To have the most interesting and complete experiences in your tour Vietnam to explore Ky Son, please immediately contact Origin Vietnam – a leading tour operator. We are always with you in every step of your tours in Hoa Binh by our team of consultants, tour operators and professional local guides who are dedicated and thoroughly knowledgeable about this land.