Khuoi Ky stone village has the beauty of unique and strange architecture, along with a space surrounded by wild mountains and forests, closely associated with nature. When coming here, visitors will not only be able to immerse themselves in the fresh air. And admire the peace of the more than 400-year-old village. But also have the opportunity to discover many interesting things that are different from the noisy and crowded city. Let’s follow Origin Travel team to discover the hidden gem of Cao Bang as below.
1. Where is Khuoi Ky ancient stone village?
Located near the border between Vietnam and China, Khuoi Ky ancient stone village is not only famous for its long history. But also impresses with its unique and different architecture.
Currently, the village belongs to Dam Thuy commune, Trung Khanh district, Cao Bang. It’s located on Provincial Road 206. This is known as a sacred land that preserves the culture and spiritual values of the Tay ethnic people. To make your trip more memorable.
2. How is Khuoi Ky ancient stone village unique?
The total area of Khuoi Ky stone village is currently about 10,000m2, with a prime location, a solid mountain back and facing the fresh Khuoi Ky stream all year round. With a total of 14 unique houses built entirely of stone, creating a peaceful beauty. Especially the typical of the life of ethnic people in the border area.
When coming here, tourists will not only admire the more than 400-year-old structure. Also have the opportunity to explore other beauties of Cao Bang. Such as Ban Gioc Waterfall and Nguom Ngao Cave.
Moreover, during the visit you will also learn about the lifestyle and culture of the people of Cao Bang area. Thereby, gaining a clearer view of ethnic minorities as well as human life in border areas.
3. When is the best time to travel to Khuoi Ky ancient stone village?
To have an enjoyable trip and keep many beautiful memories, choosing the time to visit also plays a very important role. This is no exception when coming to Khuoi Ky stone village. You should visit from September to October because this time the weather is very good, cool, pleasant, and there is no rain. Therefore, it is very convenient to visit and admire the scenery here.
If you cannot arrange a trip during this time, you can also consider coming to Cao Bang from December to April next year. Although this time will be quite crowded with tourists from all over, the weather is still quite good to make your trip easier.
Therefore, the ideal time to travel to Khuoi Ky ancient stone village is from September to April next year. In particular, you need to pay attention if you go from May to August, this is during the summer period, which is also the annual rainy season.
Note: Tourists should carefully consider or closely monitor weather forecasts before departing during this period. During the rainy season, extreme weather phenomena such as flash floods and landslides often occur. will affect tourists’ travel experience.
4. How to get to Khuoi Ky ancient stone village?
4.1. Means of transportation to Cao Bang
For tourists departing from the central or southern provinces of Vietnam. Travel by the plane is one of the leading means of travel chosen by many tourists today. With convenient, quick and time-saving travel, you will quickly reach Khuoi Ky stone village. However, currently this border province does not have an official airport. So you need to buy a plane ticket to Hanoi, then use other road means to get to Cao Bang.
After arriving at Noi Bai airport, visitors can choose Origin Vietnam’s airport shuttle service or book a taxi to get to the bus station to move to Cao Bang. This process will help you save money and time on travel, making it easier to plan better arrangements for your trip.
By passenger car
For those who visit Cao Bang, the bus becomes the top choice because of cost savings. However, the distance from Hanoi center to Cao Bang is not too far. But the road is quite difficult to travel, so it will take about 5h30-6 hours to travel. Therefore, you need to arrange appropriate schedule time to make the trip smooth.
4.2 By personal vehicles
Many people choose to travel to Khuoi Ky stone village by motorbike or personal car. Especially for those who love the feeling of exploring and conquering distances.
But to have a smooth trip, you need to prepare your health, vehicle condition and find the right direction. Among them, you can choose the route following Nhat Tan bridge and National Highway 3 to reach Cao Bang.
4.3 Instructions for traveling to Khuoi Ky grass stone village
To reach the ancient leaf village area in Cao Bang, visitors only need to start from Ban Gioc in the direction of Nguom Ngao cave about 2km to get to provincial road 206. Here, you will see the ancient floating stone village. language. During the trip in Cao Bang you will have the opportunity to admire the natural scenery and experience the peace and gentleness of this borderland.
5. Experiences and activities at Khuoi Ky ancient stone village
5.1. Visiting a unique stone stilt house
One of the impressive things that attracts tourists when coming to Khuoi Ky stone village is the impressive stone stilt house design. Completely different from stilt houses made from wood, this type of stilt house has been built a long time ago. Every line and detail of this project exudes care and meticulousness but is no less luxurious.
5.2. Learning about culture and history in the ancient stone village
Not only can visitors admire the natural scenery and peace of the ancient Stone Village, but they can also discover the history and cultural life of the people here. Through the stories of enthusiastic people and the still preserved artifacts, you will certainly not be surprised by the development process of the Tay people here.
5.3. Visiting Nguom Ngao cave
In addition to visiting Khuoi Ky stone village, tourists should not miss Nguom Ngao cave, one of the famous tourist destinations with its magical and interesting beauty bestowed by nature. With many stalactites of diverse shapes, combined with colorful lights, the space becomes even more impressive.
6. Specialties when traveling to Khuoi Ky ancient stone village
Not only the process of visiting and learning about culture, the scenery at the stone village makes many tourists love it. Besides, it is impossible not to mention the attractive specialties prepared by the indigenous people here. Visitors can experience delicious typical dishes at restaurants or local people’s houses.
Some famous dishes that can be mentioned include: Da Hien vegetables, Sang vegetables, grilled stream fish, smoked pork, smoked buffalo meat, pork sausages, banh khao (khao cake), che lam cake,… Although these are dishes familiar and rustic to local people, but with interesting variations, bringing an impressive flavor right from the first taste to tourists.
7. Accommodation when traveling to Khuoi Ky stone village
Because Khuoi Ky ancient stone village is very close to famous tourist destinations of Cao Bang for adventure. Such as Ban Gioc waterfall tour from Hanoi, Nguom Ngao cave,… so the accommodation facilities here are extremely rich and diverse. However, the most popular type of accommodation that tourists often choose when traveling here is Homestay. You can both immerse yourself in the wild and majestic nature and experience the daily life of indigenous people.
- Saigon Ban Gioc Resort. Address: Ban Gioc, Dam Thuy, Trung Khanh, Cao Bang.
- Ha Vuong Hotel. Address: DT206, Dam Thuy, Trung Khanh, Cao Bang.
- Hoang Cong Homestay. Address: Khuoi Ky Stone Village, Dam Thuy, Trung Khanh, Cao Bang.
- Truong Giang Homestay Ban Gioc. Address: Road to Nguom Ngao cave, Dam Thuy, Trung Khanh, Cao Bang.
- May Linh Homestay. Address: Khuoi Ky Stone Village, Dam Thuy, Trung Khanh, Cao Bang.
- Yen Nhi Homestay. Address: Ban Gioc Waterfall, Dam Thuy, Trung Khanh, Cao Bang.
- Nguom Ngao Ban Gioc Homestay. Address: Khuoi Ky Stone Village, Dam Thuy, Trung Khanh, Cao Bang.
8. Some important notes when traveling to Khuoi Ky ancient stone village
In addition to understanding the experience of visiting Khuoi Ky stone village, to have a memorable and interesting trip you need to know the following notes:
- While visiting the ancient village, you should pay attention not to throw trash indiscriminately, this will avoid affecting people’s lives and the surrounding environment.
- You should choose cool, neat clothes and wear sports shoes and sandals to help make the moving process easier and more comfortable.
- Visitors can comfortably take virtual photos in the space of the ancient stone village, learn about history and visit indigenous families for more memorable experiences.
- When entering the village, you should not run, jump, or laugh loudly, because this will affect the peaceful and quiet atmosphere of the village.
- Please bring a change of clothes during the trip, especially if you intend to bathe or participate in stream activities.
- In addition to personal items, you should also bring medicines, medical supplies to avoid injury during the tour, insect repellent, and sunscreen.
Traveling to the ancient stone village of Khuoi Ky, your tour in Vietnam will certainly be very interesting when participating in many exciting activities with the indigenous people. A life full of mountains and forests makes your soul relaxed and at peace, you feel like you are leaving your troubles behind. With a team of consultants, tour operators and professional and dedicated local guides, Origin Vietnam – the best travel company in Vietnam, will accompany every step of visitors on their journey to discover Cao Bang with unforgettable memories.