A must-visit destination for those who love to indulge in a magical virtual space is the Hue National School (Trường Quốc Học Huế). Let’s explore the unforgettable experiences when visiting this famous location!
Hue National School, an unmissable stop in the journey of discovering the fascinating land of Hue. This place exudes the tranquil and romantic beauty characteristic of Vietnam’s ancient capital. With a long-standing history intertwined with this institution, it has endured and witnessed all the ups and downs of Vietnam’s national pride for over 100 years.
1. Where is Hue National School located?
Hue National School, also known as Hue High School for the Gifted, is situated at 12 Le Loi Street, Vinh Ninh Ward, Hue City, Thua Thien Hue Province. Its location is truly picturesque, as it stands alongside the poetic Perfume River and in the heart of the ancient city of Hue. Upon arrival, you will easily spot the school’s striking red gate along the main road, creating an attractive and attention-grabbing sight for visitors.
2. Hue National School – Over 120 Years of Glorious History
With a history spanning over a century, Hue National School has become one of the three oldest educational institutions in Vietnam. Throughout its existence, it has witnessed the emergence of numerous Vietnamese talents, from President Ho Chi Minh, Prime Minister Pham Van Dong, historian Dao Duy Anh, General Vo Nguyen Giap to Dr. Dang Van Ngu…
Originating from the wish of King Thanh Thai, on October 23, 1896, Hue National School was established under the initial name “Ecole Française d’Enseignement Mutuel,” where French language instruction for elementary students and classical Chinese and quoc ngu (Romanized script) were taught. Overcoming various changes, from 1896 to 1936, the school officially changed its name to “Quốc Học School.”
Undergoing further changes, from 1936 to 1954, the school was called “Khải Định High School,” and later, from 1955 to 1956, it was renamed “Ngô Đình Diệm High School.” However, in 1956, on the occasion of its 60th anniversary, the school decided to return to the name closely associated with its long-standing reputation – “Quốc Học School.”
Not only has the school stood the test of time, but its architecture is also something to be proud of. Built in the 20th-century French architectural style, the school has been renovated and preserved with the spirit of maintaining its unique cultural and historical values, gracefully stepping into the future with radiance and pride.
Experience the rich history and architectural beauty of Hue National School as part of our exclusive Hue tour package. Immerse yourself in Vietnam’s culture, explore captivating sites, and create lasting memories. Book your Hue tour package now and embark on a journey that celebrates the unique heritage of this remarkable destination. Discover the heart of Vietnam with our Vietnam culture tours, and let the stories of the past come to life. Don’t miss this opportunity to explore Hue’s hidden gems and vibrant culture. Reserve your spot today
3. Exploring Unique French Architecture at Hue National School – Harmonizing the East and the West
Hue National School carries the heritage of distinct French architecture from the early 20th century, creating a unique and charming space. It is among the most beautiful schools in Vietnam and is considered the most beautiful architectural work in the ancient city of Hue.
At first glance, you will be captivated by the deep red gates and fences, representing the unique beauty of Eastern culture. Hue National School spans a large campus, extending between four bustling streets of the city. The architectural buildings blend harmoniously with the surrounding lush green gardens, creating a peaceful and relaxing atmosphere.
The buildings feature typical French architectural elements, such as large windows, sturdy columns, and intricate decorative details. The harmonious fusion of Eastern and Western architectural styles results in an exquisite and distinctive beauty for Hue National School.
Visiting this school, you will not only admire the beautiful historical architecture but also experience an elegant, cozy, and close-to-nature environment. Hue National School is an ideal destination for those who appreciate classical architectural beauty and seek to explore the harmonization of cultural influences in Vietnam’s unique architecture.
4. Checking-in at Hue National School – Capturing the Beauty reminiscent of the West
Hue National School is one of the most attractive check-in spots in Hue city, where many people love to capture beautiful moments in photos.
Upon arriving at the school, you will find plenty of stunning backgrounds to create adorable pictures. From the schoolyard to the tiled roofs and red walls, everything blends harmoniously and exudes a nostalgic ambiance reminiscent of the early 20th century. You don’t need to wander far; simply standing at any spot within the school premises allows you to capture impressive shots.
Exploring the surroundings, you will notice that each perspective is a unique work of art. The combination of distinctive French architecture and the natural beauty of the landscape makes Hue National School an ideal place for picturesque check-in photos.
Embark on a journey of nostalgia within the walls of this ancient school and preserve the wonderful moments in impressive photographs. Hue National School will be your “Western sky-like” destination, offering you the freedom to explore and create cherished memories.
5. When visiting Hue National School, consider the following tips for the best experience:
- Visiting hours: Hue National School is still an operating educational institution, so check its schedule and choose a suitable day for your visit. Typically, the school is open to tourists in the afternoon on weekdays. If possible, opt to visit on Sundays when the school is open all day.
- Appropriate attire: To respect the learning environment and teaching atmosphere, dress in a respectful and dignified manner. Avoid wearing overly revealing or provocative clothing.
- Respect the learning space: While touring the school, be mindful and respectful of the spaces dedicated to teachers and students. Avoid making noise, disrupting ongoing classes, and refrain from taking photos too close to classrooms.
- Beautiful photo spots: Hue National School boasts numerous beautiful and impressive photo spots. Favorites include rows of green trees, ancient brick walls, the school gate, corridors, stone benches, and staircases. However, while taking photos, ensure you do not obstruct others or damage the school’s landscape.
- Comply with the school’s regulations: The school may have specific rules and guidelines regarding visiting and photography. Adhere to these regulations to maintain safety and order within the school premises.
Hue National School’s unique blend of history, architecture, cultural fusion, and natural surroundings makes it a one-of-a-kind destination for those seeking a glimpse into Vietnam’s rich past and architectural beauty.