Yen Bai tourism is famous for countless attractive destinations. Such as: Mu Cang Chai, Nghia Lo fields, Shan-Tuyet tea, Thac Ba lake, or Khau Pha pass… Besides, there is also a cultural tourist destination Attracting tourists everywhere is Hoc village. Travelling to Hoc village means finding a peaceful space, surrounded by the sound of a gurgling stream, with thatched-roof stilt houses peeking out from behind the green forest. Let’s explore with Origin Vietnam what Hoc village has that makes it so attractive to tourists.
1. Where is Hoc Village?
Hoc Village is located in Son Thinh commune, Van Chan district, Yen Bai province, Vietnam. Located about 1.5km from the center of Van Chan district and about 200 km northwest of Hanoi capital. Hoc village lies peacefully next to the majestic Nhi stream. This place is considered to have beautiful scenery in harmony with nature and gentle and elegant Xoe and Then dances.
2. How is Hoc Village unique?
From the center of Van Chan district, just a few minutes by motorbike, visitors can reach Hoc village to enjoy the fresh, peaceful air and enjoy the beautiful scenery that nature bestows on this land.
The first feeling when coming to Hoc village, Son Thinh commune, Van Chan district, is a peaceful space with the sound of a gurgling stream, the thatched-roofed stilt houses from afar echoing the clicking sound of weaving shuttles, under the longan garden. lush green, lush corn fields in spring, and the joyful laughter of rosy-cheeked Thai girls in colorful traditional costumes.
Thai girls with hoes in hand and baskets in hand… make visitors feel mesmerized and captivated by the pure and innocent beauty of this land itself.
3. When is the best time to visit Hoc Village?
You can also go to Hoc Village to soak in the warm water in any season. But each season has different fun activities that you can experience more during your visit:
- January – March: In spring, ethnic minorities have many special spring festivals and many traditional games: horse racing, pound throwing, tug of war,…
- September – October: This is the most beautiful time in the Yen Bai mountains, the ripe rice season is from September 15 – October 10, at this time the weather is extremely pleasant, the sunlight is gentle, everywhere is The brilliant yellow color of the vast terraced fields.
- December: The right time to hunt clouds for many young people. It would be wonderful if a trip to Hoc Village hot springs allows you to admire the majestic and magical scenery of mountains and forests submerged in a sea of clouds.
4. How to get to Hoc Village?
In order to get to Hoc Village tourist area, you have many ways to travel, mainly by taking a bus or motorbike:
By car: From Hanoi, you can choose a bus to get to Yen Bai city. These buses usually depart from My Dinh bus station at 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and there is a bus every 15 or 20 minutes. trip. At Yen Bai bus station, you take the intra-province bus to Nghia Lo. At the Hoc Village turnoff, get off the bus and walk about 500 meters more to reach the tourist area.
You can also take a direct bus to Nghia Lo, but this bus is quite rare so you need to consider arranging your time appropriately.
By motorbike: From Hanoi, you follow Highway 32 to Yen Bai and to Hoc village. With this type of vehicle, you can be proactive in your departure and arrival times, but remember that you must be a driver. That’s great.
5. Things to do in Hoc Village
5.1 Peaceful scene, rich in local culture
After leaving the noisy streets, we can immerse ourselves in the peaceful green space, where the shadows of Thai girls loom, admire the stilt houses or listen to the sound of shuttles… in Hoc Village. In particular, this place also has a hot mineral water spring, attracting a large number of people to bathe.
Amid the bright yellow sunlight, the village appears with stilt houses hidden in the ripe longan garden. From afar, we can also hear the sound of weaving and Thai girls in national costumes sitting near the door frame.
The road to Hoc village hot spring has also been repaired to make it easier to access, with a public bathhouse, sauna, and massage house. The mineral springs here have an average temperature of 50 – 60 degrees Celsius. Researchers have confirmed that the hot springs here have high levels of dissolved minerals, which are good for nourishment and treating skin diseases. Not only that, when we come here, we can also discover the unique cultural features of the Thai people: spread dance, bamboo dance, hat dance…
5.2. Enjoying culture and performing arts in Hoc Village
In the evening, we can sit around the fire in Hoc Village’s stilt house, listening to the old people in the village sing to you about the immortal love story of the Black Thai people: “Farewell to my lover”, “Miss, aunt”. me”, the story of Mr. Cam Hanh fighting the Yellow Flag enemy…
Cultural and artistic activities are often held in Hoc village. It is a traditional culture that has been preserved and propagated by artisans for a long time. In recent years, Yen Bai province has also cooperated with the People’s Committee of Van Chan district to survey and build Hoc village into a cultural conservation area with village characteristics of the Black Thai people in the Northwest.
6. Specialties when traveling to Hoc Village
When traveling to Hoc Village, you also have the opportunity to enjoy bamboo-tube rice and stream fish, grilled stream moss, and wild vegetable soup prepared by the people here.
In addition, in Hoc Village there are also special dishes of the people such as: mixed sticky rice dish, grilled stream fish, banana flower salad, stream fish dipped in sticky rice, chicken cooked with sour bamboo shoots…
Especially if you have a wedding or festival day, you can enjoy a bowl of fragrant wine and Nam Pia, an indispensable traditional dish of the Thai people.
7. Accommodation when traveling to Hoc Village
Hoc Village is an ecological and cultural tourist destination of Yen Bai province, a rising star of Yen Bai tourism in particular and Vietnam in general. Therefore, the accommodation facilities here are increasingly diverse and abundant, methodically invested but still maintain the beautiful natural landscape environment to meet the increasing needs of tourists. When traveling to Hoc village, you can refer to some of the accommodation facilities below:
- Kieu Nga Hotel. Address: Cua Nhi, Van Chan, Yen Bai.
- Khau Pha Hotel. Address: At the foot of Khau Pha pass, Van Chan, Yen Bai.
- Suoi Giang Hotel. Address: Son Thinh Commune, Van Chan, Yen Bai.
- Pho Mountain Guesthouse. Address: Tu Le Commune, Van Chan, Yen Bai.
- Hoang Quan Guesthouse. Address: Tu Le Commune, Van Chan, Yen Bai.
- Anh Muoi Guesthouse. Address: Tu Le, Van Chan, Yen Bai.
- Stilt house No. 1 Hoc Village – Van Chan. Address: Hoc Village, Van Chan, Yen Bai.
- Stilt house number 2 Hoc Village – Van Chan. Address: Hoc Village, Van Chan, Yen Bai.
- Stilt house number 3 Hoc Village – Van Chan. Address: Hoc Village, Van Chan, Yen Bai.
8. Some important notes when traveling to Hoc Village
- If you travel to Hoc village by motorbike, you should choose vehicles that can control speed on the mountain pass, are easy to ride, easy to repair, and have high clearance such as Future Neo, Wave RS, Jupiter…
- Also prepare enough snacks, drinks, and medicines for common illnesses such as mosquito medicine, cold medicine, motion sickness medicine, pain relievers…
- Protective items such as gloves, jackets, sunscreen… are also essential for the perfect trip.
- Prepare and carefully check your personal vehicle before departure to make the trip safe and complete: bring spare gasoline because there are very few gas stations on the road.
- The weather in the highlands is often cold at night and early in the morning, even in summer. Therefore, you should bring clothes that keep you warm and are easy to move around.
- Remember to bring cash or withdraw cash in the town center because destinations like this are often quite inconvenient when paying by card or other payment methods.
- You should not forget to bring your identification documents in case of need.
The ancient stilt houses, fine customs, culinary culture – festivals – costumes – musical instruments, traditional crafts. Especially majestic natural landscapes and hot mineral springs in Hoc Village are things worth visiting. Discover once in your life.
If you are planning your Mu Cang Chai tour to Hoc village, immediately contact our team – a professional tour operator in Hanoi. With a team of tour consultants and experienced, dedicated guides and in-depth knowledge of this land, we will take you on a journey to discover Hoc Village with many interesting surprises and memorable experiences.