Du Lake ecotourism area is a green, fresh and ecological destination suitable for camping, picnicking, and exploring beautiful nature. Let’s learn more about this destination with Origin Vietnam.
1. Where is Du Lake ecotourism area?
Du Lake ecotourism area is located in Mong Hoa commune, Ky Son district, Hoa Binh province. From Hanoi city to here is about 60 km, the roads are easy to travel so visitors can access by car or motorbike as they like.
2. How is Du Lake ecotourism unique?
Compared to many other destinations in Hoa Binh, this tourist area may not be as famous. But if you are a nature lover and want to immerse yourself in the wild, fresh and peaceful picture, this is definitely a destination not to be missed. In addition to admiring the vast scenery of Ky Son mountains and forests, visitors also have the opportunity to experience countless other interesting activities.
Thanks to the advantage of being located not too far from Hanoi but with beautiful green scenery, more and more tourists come here to have fun. This location is suitable for groups of close friends, small families or companies that want to travel to change the atmosphere after a long period of busy and hard work and study.
3. When is the best time to travel to Du Lake ecotourism area?
Hoa Binh has a humid subtropical climate, cold, dry non-tropical winters with little rain; Hot summer, lots of rain. The average annual temperature is above 23 °C. That’s why the climate here is fresh and cool all year round, you can travel to Du Lake and Ky Son in any season of the year.
However, the ideal time for tourists to travel to Du Lake – Hoa Binh is in the summer because the weather in many destinations is always cool and you have the opportunity to experience water sports activities. However, this is also the rainy season, so you need to consider and carefully review the weather forecast before departing.
4. How to get to Du Lake ecotourism?
4.1. By personal vehicle
Because the distance is not too far, visitors can travel to Du Lake by personal vehicle, motorbike or car, which is most convenient. Furthermore, if you travel by personal vehicle, you can be proactive in your time, schedule and have the opportunity to admire the beautiful scenery on both sides of the road.
4.2. By public transportation
You can easily catch passenger buses from bus stations in Hanoi such as My Dinh, Giap Bat, Yen Nghia to Du Lake in Ky Son, Hoa Binh. The distance is not too far, about 55 km from Hanoi, so the travel time only takes about 1-1.5 hours.
4.3. How to get to Du Lake – Ky Son
Starting from Hanoi, visitors can get to Du Lake by two different routes:
- First route: From the inner city, tourists move to Nga Tu So, Nguyen Trai street, to Ba La intersection, and go straight to National Highway 6. From here, you just follow Highway 6 west about 43 km to Mong Hoa commune, Ky Son district. Du Lake is located right on the left and also very close to National Highway 6.
- Second route: From the inner city, tourists move to Tran Duy Hung street (Cau Giay), to the intersection of Tran Duy Hung and Khuat Duy Tien, you go straight onto Thang Long Avenue. From here, you just follow Thang Long Avenue – Lang – Hoa Lac Highway for about 50 km. Then turn left onto provincial road DT446 at the intersection of Ba Noi, Mong Hoa, and Ky Son hamlets. Continue moving along DT446 for another 3 km, then meet National Highway 6.After that turn left, follow National Highway 6 for about 3 more km to Du Lake, Mong Hoa commune, Ky Son district, Hoa Binh province.
5. Activities and experiences when traveling to Du Lake
Du Lake ecotourism area has a large total area planned into 4 main areas, meeting the needs of visitors to experience, have fun and enjoy nature. Coming here, you also have the opportunity to enjoy the vast beauty of Du Lake and enjoy exciting activities on the lake.
When first coming here, visitors will be impressed by a large picture and a fresh, cool lake. Just taking a walk around here is enough to recharge your energy and make you feel more comfortable. Although Lake Du is not too big, the lake surface is calm and clear, surrounding the lake is a patch of green forest, and in the distance are rolling hills and mountains, how poetic.
Coming to this tourist area, you can spend time boating on the lake, go fishing or immerse yourself in the cool water of the clear blue lake. If you want to explore the entire lake, you can contact the resort to be served by motorboat.
With a large campus, especially with green and clean lawns, it is suitable for organizing team building activities for groups. Surely you and your friends will have fun moments filled with laughter that cannot be missed. In addition, this is also a suitable place to pitch a tent, light a campfire and grill BBQ.
6. Specialties when traveling to Du Lake ecotourism area
When traveling to Du Lake, visitors not only admire the beautiful, fresh and cool natural landscape but also have the opportunity to enjoy many delicious specialties of Hoa Binh province such as: bamboo-tube rice, grilled hill chicken, Buffalo meat cooked in Lom leaves, wild pork, wild vegetables, spring rolls with grapefruit leaves,…Each dish with its unique flavor makes visitors forever remember the cuisine of the beautiful land of Hoa Binh.
7. Accommodation when traveling to Du Lake ecotourism area
At this tourist area, there are community stilt houses and a lakeside resort to serve tourists. Depending on your needs, you can choose the type that best suits you to enjoy a complete trip.
In addition, you can refer to some other accommodation facilities as follows:
7.1. Resorts/ Villas:
- Ohara Villas & Resort. Address: Dan Hoa, Ky Son, Hoa Binh.
- Cao Vang Resort. Address: Mong Hoa, Ky Son, Hoa Binh.
- Kai Resort Villas. Address: Km57, Highway 6, Mong Hoa, Ky Son, Hoa Binh.
- Asia Hotel. Address: Ngoc Hamlet, Trung Minh, Ky Son, Hoa Binh.
- Ha Giang Hotel. Address: Ngoc Street, Trung Minh Commune, Ky Son, Hoa Binh.
- Green Tree Motel. Address: Dan Ha, Ky Son, Hoa Binh.
- Thao Nguyen Xanh Motel. Address: Highway 6, Dan Hoa, Ky Son, Hoa Binh.
8. Some important notes when traveling to Du Lake ecotourism area
- Tourists coming here to have fun and experience need to comply with the resort’s regulations on camping rules and safety principles.
- You need to pay attention to hygiene, avoid throwing trash or affecting the environment.
- To fully enjoy your trip, you should bring a jacket and hat so you can comfortably participate in outdoor activities.
- If you need to stay at a community motel or resort, you should proactively contact. Also make reservations in advance to avoid running out of space, especially on weekends or holidays.
- It is necessary to bring identification documents and check the vehicle carefully to ensure safety, especially for tourists traveling by motorbike.
- Because there are many experiential activities here, you need to bring soft, low-soled shoes. Especially sandals to participate in the activities comfortably and comfortably.
Du Lake ecotourism area is one of the green and beautiful natural coordinates of Hoa Binh province. So if you have the opportunity, you should come here once to have fun. That you can return to the most peaceful and rustic things of Ky Son district, Hoa Binh province.
If you’re planning a Vietnam tour to the Du Lake ecotourism area in Hoa Binh, reach out to Origin Vietnam, a professional local tour operator. Our team of consultants, tour operators, and enthusiastic local guides will accompany you every step of the way, ensuring you experience fascinating moments and create lasting memories.