Mu Cang Chai buckwheat flower garden is a beautiful landscape, bringing a unique beauty to this land. Every year, in September, the rice is ripe and golden on the terraced fields, creating a beautiful and interesting landscape. To discover the lyrical beauty of buckwheat flowers and immerse yourself in the majestic nature, Mu Cang Chai is an ideal destination for tourists who love nature and wish to experience unique experiences. Let’s find out with Origin Vietnam what’s interesting about the buckwheat flower garden in Mu Cang Chai!
1. Where is Mu Cang Chai buckwheat flower garden?
Buckwheat flower garden is located on Khau Pha pass, a famous landmark in Mu Cang Chai district, Yen Bai province, Vietnam, about 135 km west of Yen Bai city and about 135 km west of Hanoi capital. km northwest. From Khau Pha Pass, you can enjoy beautiful natural landscapes with terraced fields and immense rice fields.
2. How is Mu Cang Chai buckwheat flower garden unique?
Buckwheat flowers (also known as red buckwheat flowers) are organic flowers with unique colors. The outstanding feature of this flower is the combination of bright red color and triangular shape.
The buckwheat flower garden in Mu Cang Chai has typical colors and designs. In the final stages of maturation, buckwheat flowers bloom, forming beautiful triangular clusters of flowers. The main color of buckwheat flowers is yellow, creating a brilliant scene in the terraced fields in Mu Cang Chai. The flower’s design has elongated petals, lying horizontally on the bottom of the flower like an arrow pointing outward.
Mu Cang Chai buckwheat flowers are found mainly in the Mu Cang Chai, Yen Bai province, Vietnam. This land is famous for its winding terraced fields, along with buckwheat flowers creating a beautiful and unique picture.
Mu Cang Chai buckwheat flower garden has also become an attractive tourist destination. Tourists can enjoy not only the beauty of buckwheat flowers but also the beautiful natural landscape of Mu Cang Chai land. In particular, late fall and early winter is when buckwheat flowers bloom, a great time to see and take photos.
3. Which is the best time to travel Mu Cang Chai buckwheat flower garden?
With a temperate high mountain climate, Mu Cang Chai has a very typical rainy season, making the buckwheat fields become green and lush. In addition, the steep hill terrain and rivers in the area create a variety of colors and depths, creating a breathtaking and captivating landscape.
Buckwheat flowers in Mu Cang Chai bloom in the fall, especially in September. At this time, the terraced fields in Mu Cang Chai will turn bright yellow when the rice is ripe and the scenery becomes stunning. Pretty. If you want to admire buckwheat flowers in Mu Cang Chai, September is the ideal time for you to visit.
4. How to get to Mu Cang Chai buckwheat flower garden?
Because the Buckwheat flower garden is located in Khau Pha pass – Mu Cang Chai, which is a tourist destination that attracts many tourists to admire and take photos, you can consider moving to this location in the most convenient way.
- By bus: Tourists can catch a bus at My Dinh and Giap Bat bus stations from Hanoi city to depart for Yen Bai. When arriving at Yen Bai bus station, people can rent a taxi or motorbike to move to the Khau Pha pass where the Mu Cang Chai buckwheat flower garden is located.
- By motorbike: According to experience when going to Mu Cang Chai buckwheat flower garden, if you want to travel and admire the scenery along the way, you can refer to the following route: Depart from Hanoi, follow the direction of Thang Long bridge – Vinh Phuc – Viet Tri city – follow Highway 32 to Nghia Lo – and continue along Highway 32 to Khau Pha pass in Mu Cang Chai to get there.
5. Some attractive tourist sites near Mu Cang Chai buckwheat flower garden
5.1. Khau Pha Pass
It is one of the most winding and steep mountain passes in Vietnam, surpassing the peak of Khau Pha mountain, the highest mountain in the Mu Cang Chai region. Khau Pha Pass has its starting point as the intersection of Highway 32 and Highway 279, continuously connecting Chau Pass in front of it and Vach Kim Pass behind on Highway 32.
From Yen Bai city, about 5 hours along Highway 32, through Tu Le commune, Khau Pha pass in Mu Cang Chai district appears in the middle of a plateau surrounded by overlapping mountain ranges. The winding mountain passes between old forests still have pristine features and the terraced fields of the H’Mong and Thai ethnic groups.
Khau Pha is most beautiful during the rice season, around September and October, when the rice on the terraced fields is ripe and golden. This is also the time when many tourists venture to conquer the pass to enjoy the scenery. The old forests in Khau Pha still preserve many rare species of flora and fauna such as pine oil, cho chi and other rare birds and animals.
5.2. Lim Mong village
Lim Mong village, Cao Pa commune, Mu Cang Chai district – Yen Bai. It’s been hidden in the clouds for many generations. In the past, people who traveled often whispered about the four great dangerous places in the Northwest. Because of the difficulty of the road and also the ultimate place. Especially Lim Mong was one of them, full of attractions, full of Inviting and challenging.
5.3. Pu Nhu Waterfall
Pu Nhu Waterfall is located in Pu Nhu village, La Pan Tan commune, Mu Cang Chai district, about 10 km west of Mu Cang Chai district center. Originating from streams in the forests upstream from Than Uyen (Lao Cai), the waterfall has a water column height of about 20 m divided into many steps.
6. Specialties when traveling to Mu Cang Chai buckwheat flower garden
6.1. Tu Le sticky rice
The famous Tu Le sticky rice grains are even, long, plump, each grain looks clear and very delicious. Holding a handful of Tu Le sticky rice in your hand, it feels heavy but cool and smooth like velvet. That kind of rice is boiled, no need to add coconut water or bird’s nest water, but the sticky rice is still fragrant, sticky, and sweet with each grain. Soft and flexible without being wet or sticky. It’s sweet, but the more you chew it, the more flavorful it becomes. It’s not greasy, not greasy, doesn’t feel boring when eaten, doesn’t feel full or stagnant like other common types of sticky rice.
Making the “reputation” of Tu Le sticky rice is also its fragrance. The scent is as sweet as the scent of banyan flowers, euphorbia flowers, chrysanthemum flowers… of the Northwest mountains and forests that linger and form; Abundant and spacious, like the scent of the countryside and the Northwest mountains and forests crystallized. That fragrance gently spreads throughout the space… few types of sticky rice can compare.
6.2. Roasted grasshoppers
Grasshoppers are available all year round but are most abundant during the harvest season, around May and September. In season, grasshoppers are always fragrant, making them an attractive dish when coming to Mu Cang Chai.
6.3. Salt-roasted stream crab
In addition, in Mu Cang Chai there is also a delicious salt-roasted crab dish, however it is not always available and depends on the time you stay in Mu Cang Chai. You should proactively call and book in advance with restaurants and eateries because groups often go around taking photos at previous locations and then return to Mu Cang Chai Town to rest, by then it is often late and out of food.
Unlike crabs that live in the sea or in fields, stream crabs often live in rock holes in streams in highlands. Stream crab meat is fragrant, firm and can be processed into many delicious dishes, including salt-roasted stream crab. After catching the crab, peel its shell, wash it and let it drain. Put the oil in the pan and boil, add the garlic and stir-fry until fragrant, then add the crab, stir well, sprinkle salt and roast until the crab is golden brown.
7. Accommodation when traveling to Mu Cang Chai buckwheat flower garden
In order to make it easier to travel to Pu Luong bamboo forest as well as to other tourist destinations in Mu Cang Chai district, you should choose a place to stay in the center of town or around buckwheat flower garden, which is convenient for moving between tourist attractions. while enjoying other amenities that accommodation facilities provide. In addition, the popular type of accommodation here is homestay, where you can both admire the beautiful natural landscape right where you live and participate in the daily and cultural activities of the local people.
Below are some accommodation facilities that tourists can refer to:
- Homestay Mrs Lan. Address: Kim Noi, Mu Cang Chai, Yen Bai.
- Sung A Ho Homestay. Address: Ta Cho, Cao Pha, Mu Cang Chai, Yen Bai.
- Homestay Tung Teng. Address: Kim Noi, Mu Cang Chai, Yen Bai.
- Tien Thoa Homestay. Address: Cao Pha, Mu Cang Chai, Yen Bai.
- Hang Xay Chong Community Hostel. Address: La Pan Tan Commune, Mu Cang Chai, Yen Bai.
- Hello Mu Cang Chai Homestay. Address: La Pan Tan, Mu Cang Chai, Yen Bai.
- Do Gu Homestay. Address: La Pan Tan, Mu Cang Chai, Yen Bai.
- Mu Cang Homestay. Address: Group 2, Mu Cang Chai Town, Mu Cang Chai, Yen Bai.
- Homestay Tu Nguyet. Address: Kim Noi, Mu Cang Chai, Yen Bai.
- Chieu Quan Guesthouse. Address: Kim Junction, Pung Luong, Mu Cang Chai, Yen Bai.
- Khau Pha Guesthouse. Address: Located on Khau Pha pass, about 7km from Tu Le in the direction of Mu Cang Chai.
- Hong Minh Guesthouse. Address: Nga Ba Kim, Mu Cang Chai, Yen Bai.
- Dong Chi Guesthouse. Address: Mu Cang Chai Town, Mu Cang Chai, Yen Bai.
- Nhu Y Motel. Address: Highway 32, Pung Luong, Mu Cang Chai, Yen Bai.
Mu Cang Chai not only has beautiful and poetic terraced fields but also has buckwheat flowers, that flower garden is located in a very beautiful location on Khau Pha Pass (near the paragliding spot), here you can just You can freely admire the flowers, admire the pass, admire the terraced fields, the villages of the Thai and Mong people and immerse yourself in the cold, hazy weather on one of the four most beautiful mountain passes in Northern Vietnam. .
If you are planning your trip to Mu Cang Chai buckwheat flower garden, please immediately contact Origin Vietnam – a professional tour operator. With a team of consultants, Mu Cang Chai tour operator and local guides who are experienced, dedicated and have a deep understanding of this land, we will take you on a journey to explore Mu Cang Chai buckwheat flower garden with exciting activities and unforgettable experiences.