Bac Kan is blessed by nature with many picturesque natural landscapes. From the majestic primeval forests, to the vast natural lakes and rolling mountains, all create an impressive watercolor picture. If you are a traveler who loves the majesty and poetry of peaceful nature, then one of the places that will make you fall in love during your Vietnam tour to Bac Kan is Ba Be.
1. Where is Ba Be?
Ba Be is a district of Bac Kan province, about 50 km northwest of Bac Kan city and about 220 km north of Hanoi capital. About geographical location:
- The East borders Ngan Son district.
- The West borders Cho Don district and Na Hang district of Tuyen Quang province.
- The South borders Bach Thong district.
- The North borders Pac Nam district and Nguyen Binh district of Cao Bang province.
2. How is Ba Be unique?
A trip to Ba Be will be full of interesting things when you have the opportunity to admire the vast lakes, wild national parks, mysterious caves and many other masterpieces that nature has bestowed on this place.
When mentioning Ba Be, the first thing visitors remember is Ba Be Lake located in Nam Mau commune, Ba Be district, about 68 km from Bac Kan city. This is one of the largest natural freshwater lakes in the world, recognized by UNESCO as one of the top 20 most beautiful freshwater lakes in the world.
Surrounding Ba Be Lake is Ba Be National Park, an attractive eco-tourism destination possessing impressive geological values, diverse flora and fauna ecosystems and formed by unique natural forms. . For the above reasons, traveling to Ba Be has become an attractive and popular tourist activity in the Northern region.
3. When is the best time to travel to Ba Be?
Ba Be is a place that both possesses heavenly beauty and is blessed with a cool, temperate climate all year round. Each season, this place has its own beauty that makes visitors admire it.
- If spring is the festival season, you will enjoy the bustling atmosphere of interesting folk activities and games taking place in the first month of the lunar calendar. Such as boat racing, singing and dancing, archery, wrestling,… You will have more regional cultural experiences when having fun with local people.
- Summer is the time to attract tourists to come here to cool off. The fresh, cool air in the mountains, forests, and pristine lakes will dispel the sweltering sun of summer days.
Therefore, the ideal time to travel to Ba Be will be the early spring days, summer days and cool autumn days.
4. How to get to Ba Be?
About 220 km from Hanoi, visitors can easily travel to Ba Be, Bac Kan by many means such as motorbikes, cars, and buses.
4.1 By personal vehicle
This is quite a popular choice for travelers who want to be proactive and comfortable during their trip. You just have the opportunity to conquer the ideal road trip, with poetic roadside scenery. However, you need to control your speed and obey traffic laws to ensure safety.
4.2 By passenger cars
Passenger cars will be a fairly safe and fast choice. At Yen Nghia or My Dinh bus station, you can easily catch bus companies to Ba Be Bac Kan such as An Binh, Qbus, Thuong,…
In addition, for tourists in the Southern region, they can choose a bus, or more quickly and conveniently, they should choose a plane to Hanoi and then move to Bac Kan.
4.3 Moving to Ba Be tourist area
If traveling by personal means, you can follow the instructions of Google map or follow the reference itinerary below.
From Hanoi, follow the Hanoi – Thai Nguyen highway -> turn to National Highway 3 -> go to the intersection with TL 268 -> turn left and move towards Dinh Hoa (Chu Market) -> move along Follow route 254 to Bang Lung (Cho Don) -> continue going about 40 km to Ba Be.
5. Sightseeing in Ba Be
5.1. Visiting Ba Be National Park
Ba Be National Park is a destination that you should not miss on your journey to conquer Ba Be. With a large space of 7,610 hectares in 5 communes of Khang Ninh, Cao Thuong, Quang Khe, Nam Mau and Cao Tri, the national park possesses a diverse and rich flora and fauna system.
With the space of mountains, forests, and green lakes, you can not only discover the vast and wild beauty of this place. But you also have the opportunity to learn about the ecosystem of the place that preserves more than 1,999 plant species and more than 80 rare animal species.
In particular, Ba Be Lake is located right in the center of the national park, formed from geological fluctuations and subsidence of caves and limestone mountains millions of years ago. Creating a blue lake with a poetic and peaceful beauty that many tourists enjoy.
5.2. Exploring Hua Ma cave
About 6 km from Ba Be Lake, you will pass 300m long steps running along the mountainside. Coming to the cave, you will be surprised with the unique stalactites, both mysterious and magnificent. Many tourists who come here imagine they are lost in a gilded royal palace.
To facilitate traveling to Ba Be and moving in Hua Ma cave, you should wear walking shoes to make the process of exploring the cave more convenient.
5.3. Exploring Puong Cave
Another impressive destination in Ba Be that you should not miss is Puong cave. Located on a mountain with a length of 300m and an altitude of about 30m, coming to the cave you will admire the colorful and shaped stalactites.
Conquering Puong cave, you also have the opportunity to explore the underground water flowing through the cliffs and the smooth white sand in the cave. The cave is quite dark, so prepare a flashlight to fully explore this place!
5.4. Visiting An Ma temple
A spiritual tourist destination that attracts many tourists when coming to Ba Be, An Ma Temple is a place to worship Buddha, Lord Son Trang, Mau Thuong Ngan, Saint Tran, etc. In the early days of spring, festivals take place here. , a bustling activity that you should come and participate in.
5.5. Excursions to Dau Dang waterfall
The majestic Dau Dang waterfall will be a destination for those who love to conquer and explore. Located between two rocky mountain ranges on the Nang River, this place has majestic mountain scenery, the waterfall falls from a height of 500m creating a majestic white wall.
Don’t forget to go to Dau Dang waterfall to cool off on hot summer days, especially if you also have the opportunity to admire giant-sized fish.
5.6. Participating in highland markets
Participating in highland markets gives you the opportunity to shop for unique items and at the same time understand more about the beauty of highland culture. Market times are as follows:
- Nam Cuong Market operates on the 2nd, 7th, 12th, 17th lunar days.
- Quang Khe Market operates on the 3rd, 8th, 13th, 18th lunar days.
- Khang Ninh market and Cao Thuong market operate on the 4th, 9th, 14th, and 19th lunar days.
- Cho Ra – Ba Be town operates on the 5th, 10th, 15th, 20th, 25th, 30th of the lunar calendar.
6. Specialties when traveling to Ba Be
Traveling to Ba Be and ignoring the unique cuisine will be a big mistake. The flavor of Bac Kan highland has a unique character and makes a strong impression on tourists from all over. According to Ba Be travel experience, the trip will be more complete when you enjoy the delicious specialties of this region.
- Ba Be sour shrimp.
- Bac Kan Dong vermicelli.
- Smoked pork.
- Smoked sausage.
- Wormwood leaf cake.
- Plum jam.
7. Accommodation when traveling to Ba Be
According to Ba Be travel experience, to have a complete trip, choosing a satisfactory accommodation near the sightseeing area is quite important. In Ba Be, you will have the opportunity to enjoy a peaceful space at homestays with natural views, built with unique architecture bearing bold highland characteristics.
- Mr Linh’s Homestay: Coc Toc village, Ba Be District, Bac Kan.
- Green Homestay Ba Be: Pac Ngoi village, Nam Mau commune, Ba Be district, Bac Kan.
- Lakeside Bungalow Ba Be: Coc Toc Village, Nam Mau Commune, Ba Be District, Bac Kan.
- Ba Be Legend Villa: Na Kieng Village, Khang Ninh commune, Ba Be district, Bac Kan..
8. Some important notes when traveling to Ba Be
- Plan and schedule your trip to Ba Be early to prepare thoroughly.
- You should experience traveling by boat on Nang River and Ba Be Lake.
- Dress politely and discreetly when visiting sacred sites in Ba Be.
- During the fun, you need to be aware of civilized tourism, not littering, respecting and preserving the pristineness of the tourist destination.
- You should check prices in many places and choose the right reputable place before deciding to buy specialties as gifts.
- Comply with traffic safety laws when driving to ensure and protect yourself and those around you.
Bac Kan tourism always brings visitors new experiences about the wonderful nature in the northern mountains of Vietnam. If you are a nature lover, this will be the ideal destination. And you will definitely not come here just once.
If you are planning Ba Be National park tours, please immediately contact Origin Vietnam – a professional Vietnam tour operator. With a team of consultants, tour operators and local guides who are experienced, dedicated and thoroughly knowledgeable about this land. We will take you on a journey to discover Ba Be – Bac Kan with exciting activities and unforgettable experiences.