Muong Hum Market Located in Bat Xat district, Lao Cai province. It’s about 44km from Lao Cai city, visitors to the northern border province of Lao Cai will miss the Muong Hum fair market. Like the other markets here.
But Muong Hum Market meets every Sunday, the most bustling day of the Bat Xat highland.
How Muong Hum Market is special?
Everyday, everyone who comes here also likes to watch the scenery of Muong Hum, charming. But on the market, the eye-catching scene is the most popular along the market. On the banks of the stream, the horses waited for the owner to enter the market to gather by the stream of feathers. The suspension bridge or stone bridge across the stream is always accompanied by horses …
Inside the noisy market and busy, where you can admiring the “colorful” costumes of ethnic minority girls. The girls and boys in the village go to the market not only to buy and sell. But also to find out, to have fun, to find partners, so everyone is equally beautiful to attend the festival.
Young H’Mong girl dresses with sexy flowers, wearing a colorful wool wig dyed like a walking flower, shimmering beauty. Equally beautiful is the red Dao outfit: the girls wore indigo-colored indigo pants dotted with patterns on shirt like butterflies and wore scarlet scarves with lots of silver jewelry on them, all the time.
Especially the Dzao babies, even though they are carried on their mothers’ backs, are also taken care of by their mothers. It’s one of the most interesting things for visitor come to visit market in Sapa.
Not like Bac Ha market, Muong Hum shouldn’t be a livestock market, though there are some livestock gross sales early within the morning. Most stalls promote textiles – clothes, fabric, ribbons, bedding – however and foodstuff, notably dried items, are additionally accessible.
How to get to Muong Hum Market?
- Take night train – arrive Lao Cai station then take bus to Bac Ha (Lao Cai – Muong Hum ~ 44km)
- Take night bus from Hanoi – Lao Cai (then use taxi or motorbike to Muong Hum market)
- You can book private car or taxi (Distance ~ 45km about 1 and a half hour)
- Should be arrive early – that you will see full colorful of Muong Hum Market.
- Do not give money or candy for children
- Do not put camera close to their face to take photo.
Keep reading all things need to know before travel to Sapa Vietnam from Origin Travel
Tours itineraries recommendation
- D 1: Night train to Lao Cai from Hanoi ( Departure from Hanoi, on Saturday night)
- D 2: Lao Cai train station – Muong Hum Market on Sunday (45 km from Lao Cai) – Sapa ( overnight in Sapa town)
- D3: Sapa easy trekking, then transfer to Lao Cai for night train to Hanoi.
Please drop an email to email@example.com or call direct to +84829098686. For all things need to know before travel to Sapa.