La Pan Tan village is the area has most stunning terraces in Mu Cang Chai district – Yen Bai province – North West of Vietnam, situated on road side of highways 32 the half route in between Tu Le area and Mu Cang Chai.
The rice terrace fields in La Pan Tan village have been recognized as national landscapes by the Ministry of Culture – Sports and Tourism. There have been Yen Bai festival Mu Cang Chai rice terrace fields to draw extra attention of local and international tourist about Mu Cang Chai. This area of northwest Vietnam is poor and comparatively undeveloped but very wealthy in pure beauty.
Mu Cang Chai Rice Terrace Fields stretching throughout the mountainside, layer by layer reaching up as limitless, with about 2,200 hectares of rice terraces, of which 500 hectares of terraces of three communes such as La Pan Tan village, Che Cu Nha village and De Xu Phinh village.
Mu Cang Chai Rice Terrace has been recognized as one of many unique landscapes of Vietnam, it’s on the most and ranked national landscape. You may also interested in tours to this village from hanoi. Click here.
How to get to La Pan Tan village?
- Travel with Car/Taxi 7 hours ~ 314km
- By train (Hanoi – Yen Bai ~ 247 Km) then from Yen Bai you can go here by taxi or motorbike
- It’s better to use private car(~ 4 hours for 155km) – Local bus available but not comfortable bus service
What can do here?
- Treking and homestay.
- Visit local family to know authentic of Hmong people daily life.
- If do biking and visit family in this area. Visitor should book private tours in advance
- Best time to visit (from April, May, June, Sept, Oct)