De Xu Phinh village Located in a famous terrace rice field of Mu Cang Chai, Yen Bai Province. Especially It’s among the 3 villages with the most beautiful terraced areas in Mu Cang Chai.
How De Xu Phinh village special?
Covered in an area of 44.32 kilometers² with population of 1582 people. The rice terrace areas in De Xu Phinh village have been recognized as National landscapes.
There is a terrace rice field festival held in Mu Cang Chai yearly. It’s a great way to promote image of this area to visitor.
This area of northwest Vietnam is weak and comparatively undeveloped, but very full of natural beauty. De Xu Phinh’sTerrace Rice Fields extending across the mountainside, layer by layer reaching as infinite, with about 2, 200 hectares of rice terraces. It’s covering 3 villages as La Pan Tan village, Che Cu Nha and De Xu Phinh village.
Mu Cang Chai Rice Terrace was known as one of the distinctive landscapes of Vietnam. It’s in the most and highest ranked as national landscape. Because of the landscape’s steeply sloping topography, the terraced fields are rather narrow. The distinction between terraces is about 1m to 1.5m, demanding to maintain the water resources on the ground and land for growing rice on the slope of the mountain.
So H’mong people believe a means to maintain water by create the land shore on the mountain to make the leveling rice terrace areas. Sure that your North Vietnam travel will be big differernt compare with other if you can visit De Xu Phinh village.
How to get to De Xu Phinh village?
- Tour to Mu Cang Chai from Hanoi > 7 hours ~ 318km
- By train (Hanoi – Yen Bai ~ 247 Km) then from Yen Bai you can go here by taxi or motorbike
- It’s better to use private car(~ 4 hours for 162km) – Local bus available but not comfortable bus service
What can do here?
- Treking and homestay.
- Visit local family to know authentic of Hmong people daily life.
- If do biking and visit family in this area. Visitor should book private tours in advance
- Best time to visit (from April, May, June, Sept, Oct)
Keep follow all things need to know before travel to Mu Cang Chai at https://originvietnam.com