Chan May Port situated at Binh An village, Loc Vinh Commune, Phu Loc District, Thua Thien Hue Province. It is 60km from Hue city centre and 55km to Da Nang city.
Why Chan May Port is important?
Chan May Harbor is general seaport of Vietnam, also one of 46 vents chosen to be the place to go for cruise ships in South East Asia by Asia Cruise Association. The port is located conveniently on the sea route linking Singapore, the Philippines and Hong Kong.
Additionally, It is based in the middle of Vietnam, between the two biggiest cities in Central. Amongst these destinations for tourist are Canh Duong Beach, Lang Co Beach, Hai Van Pass, Bach Ma National Park. Plus are Hue city, My Son Sanctuary and Hoi An. It is also the nearest and the very beneficial gateway to the East Sea. As well as the regions of the East West Economic Corridor connection between the Central – Vietnam with Middle Lower of Laos, North Eastern of Myanmar and Thailand.
Currently, the port of Chan May has the berth No.01 with 480 m berths, of which 36 0m berths with the thickness – 12.5 m. The Port has the capability to accommodate freight vessels up to 50,000 DWT. And passenger ships until 362 m in length and 225,282 GRT.
It worth a visit Chan May port
Chan May port could meet all conditions for shore excursion in Vietnam and abilities become the terminal for the world’s largest and newest cruise ships. The interior is 120 m berths with the thickness – 6.1 m could accommodate freight vessel up to 3.000 DWT. To satisfy the region’s requirements, the port is constructing the Berth No.02 with 280 m berths to adapt freight vessels up to 50,000 DWT.
Chan May port is looking forward to getting the support and cooperation of investors and clients. We specify the needs and suggestions of investors and clients to be the motivation. This is to help Chan May Port improve and develop the service quality.
How to get to Hue, Da Nang, Hoi An?
- There is no taxi available. The best choice to travel from Chan May port to nearby city is private car.
- From Chan May Port to Hue city is 60 km and 50 km to Da Nang city. However, it takes 80 km to Hoian ancient town through Danang city.
What to do around from Chan May port?
See also: Hue City tour from Chan May Port
Travel through a travel company in Vietnam to book some options for tour.
- Hue Imperial City: For those tourist love the green city and discover the last reign in Vietnam, Hue is the best choice to visit Imperial city and King’s Mausoleums.
- Da Nang city: Those who love beach and enjoy the modern city known as Singapore in Vietnam. People can combine many visiting sites Son Tra Peninsular, Marble Mountain, Cham Museum, Ba Na Hill, etc.
- Hoi An ancient town: It is the ideal place for shopping and discover the hidden charm of an ancient town remains well in Vietnam. No better place for make tailor in Hoi An
- Lang Co Beach and Hai Van Pass: Everyone wish to have a short trip around the port, Lang Co Beach and conquer Hai Van Pass is the ideal. Just 35 km you can relax at Lang Co Beach and then conquer the panorama of Danang city and Lang Co beach from Hai Van Pass summit.
When tourist have a cruise ship journey lands on Chan May Port, it is better you can choose a travel company in Vietnam to book tour. This is for the best quote for the private trip than book directly at cruiseship. Because their cost is always more expensive than local travel company in Vietnam give you. However, if you book a private Hue tour from the cruise agent it will be double cost.