Hanoi Opera House has a length of 87 m, the average width of 30 m, the highest roof is 34 meters above the road floor, construction area of
How Hanoi Opera House is unique?
At the entrance is the main hall with a T-shaped stone staircase leading up to the 2nd floor. The floor tiles using marble, small wall-mounted chandeliers in the old way, crystal chandeliers above high is plated with a layer of fine gold.
Hanoi Opera House is an architectural work that the French started to build in 1901 and completed in 1911 bold French neoclassical look and is considered a copy of the Opera Garnier in Paris. The Opera House has played a role as a cultural, historical and architectural symbol of Hanoi to now.
Hanoi Opera House – demonstrates the deepest history
Started in 1883, until 1911, Hanoi Opera House was completed. This is a French masterpiece of art. It is perfect in every detail, deserving of the best music viewing space in Indochina. The Opera House is not only famous for architectural construction. Above all else, this is the first cultural contact between the two countries France – Vietnam.
Opera House Hanoi – the most prestigious architectural work in Vietnam
The Opera House is a delicate integration, harmoniously blending architectural styles. It must be suitable for Vietnamese environment. So that the French Opera House is luxury and majestic, with a bit of Paris direction. But not lost in the middle of the heart of the Capital.
Hanoi Opera House – the eternal beauty of the Capital
Over 100 years of existence and development, the Hanoi Opera House has marked many happy and sad memories of Hanoi. Up to now, this place is still the most artistic space of the Capital.
The performance schedule of Hanoi Opera House takes place regularly and often. Art events are held almost every day at the Opera House. That may be music live show, opera singing, bale dance, or acting, etc. The performance program of the Opera House is diverse and rich. Attracting tens of thousands of visitors each year.
Top things to do in Hanoi Opera House
Right from the outside of the opera, we can feel the “breath” of Europe with delicate lines, classical carvings. Inside the Opera House is divided into 3 main areas: the main hall, the audience room and the mirror room.
Entering the main hall, visitors can feel overwhelmed by the splendor of this place. The whole room is paved with white stone imported from Italy, covered with the red carpet in the middle aisle, creating a noble and noble feeling like the British royal palace. The ceiling and around the wall are decorated with small chandeliers that look very noble with copper or gilded.
Next is the audience room where the current performing arts activities are taking place. Space here is delicately designed with a central stage and an arc designed in an ar. It’s inspired by the Roman arena to embrace the stage so the audience’s view is not obscured and the best possible transmission sound quality. With 598 seats appropriately distributed for 3 floors, creating the most comfortable viewing space.
Finally is the mirror room, where important ceremonies are held or welcoming high-ranking characters … Space here is filled with a classic look from the design combining many large doors with Mozaic techniques, to the chandelier, headlights are plated with gold or copper … all exuding elegance and splendor.
After enjoying the beauty of European architecture in the heart of Asia of Hanoi Opera House, you can also walk around the surrounding areas to relax, enjoy the taste of Ha Thanh.
- Walking around the lakeshore to admire the ancient and mossy Turtle Tower
- Visit Dinh Le book street where knowledge quintessence
- Taste the old ice cream sticks
When is the best time to visit?
At the Opera House, there are always ceremonies, events held on weekdays so you need to schedule yourself, the opening time of the Opera House is from Monday to Friday. Enjoying time at the Opera House is about 1 and a half hours.
How to get to Hanoi Opera House?
Hanoi Opera House is located in a prime location, in the heart of the city, so it is very convenient for visitors to visit. From the central and southern provinces, tourists can travel by plane, train, bus or car to Hanoi. After that, guests can rent a motorbike or take a bus to Hanoi Opera House.
If travelling by motorbike or self-driving car, you can follow the following instructions: from Hoan Kiem Lake, you can go straight to Dinh Tien Hoang Street to Le Lai Street. After that, visitors turn right on Ly Thai To Street, go through the roundabout to Hanoi Opera House.
If travelling by bus, you can take a 2-story bus with the route from Dong Kinh Nghia Thuc Square to Opera House Square. Travelling by 2-storey bus is not only safe and convenient, but visitors also have the opportunity to see the streets of Hanoi slowly and comfortably
Top hotels nearest Hanoi Opera House:
- Silk Path Boutique Hanoi (4-star Hotel): Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi (0.5 km from Hanoi Opera House)
- Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi (5-Star Hotel): Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi (0.2 km from Hanoi Opera House)
- The Lapis Hotel (4-star Hotel): Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi (0.5 km from Hanoi Opera House)
- Hanoi E Central Hotel (3-star Hotel): Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi (0.8 km from Hanoi Opera House)
- 6Senses Homestay Red River View: Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi (0.4 km from Hanoi Opera House)
- Hanoi La Selva Hotel (3-star hotel): Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi (0.8 km from Hanoi Opera House)
What to eat close to Hanoi Opera House?
Around the Opera House, there are many attractive dining places:
- Qua Vat- Nguyen Khac Can: 11 Nguyen Khac Can, Hoan Kiem District
- Xoi Mai – Tong Dan: 2 Tong Dan, Hoan Kiem District
- Hotpot HOPO – Han Thuyen: 26 Han Thuyen, Hoan Kiem District
- Pho Bo & Bun Rieu – Nguyen Khac Can: 5 Nguyen Khac Can
- Kimsushi – Japanese Cuisine: 8A Ly Thuong Kiet
- Bun Bo Hue – Nguyen Khac Can: 10 Nguyen Khac Can
- Lan Chin Draft Beer: 2 Trang Tien, Hoan Kiem District
- Pho Hai Dang: 7 Pham Su Manh
- Vermicelli, Vermicelli, Banh Da – Lane Phan Huy Chu
- Hai Lan – Duck Co Van Dinh: 49A Tran Quoc Toan
- Tuan Hotpot – Ham Long: 3B Ham Long
- San – Vegetarian Food: 155 Bach Dang, Hoan Kiem District
Please read ” All things need to know before traveling to Hanoi“ for more experience when visiting the capital city.
It’s good for
- Group travel, the family with kids, teen, solo and couple
- Suitable for musician tour in Vietnam
Images Source: Internet