Ti Top Island is one of the beautiful islands in Halong Bay. The island is about 7-8 km southeast of Bai Chay tourist area. Around the island are other beautiful islands such as: in front is Sung Sot cave, behind is Cua Luc Bay, on the left, is Dam Bac Island, and on the right is Dam Nam Island.
Therefore, Ti top Island is an attractive destination for tourists when traveling to Halong.
Previously the island was called Hong Thap Tu Island (or Nghia Dia Island). Then the island was named Cat Nang. In 1962, President Ho Chi Minh and Soviet astronaut Gherman Stepanovich Titov visited the island. Mark that anniversary. President Ho Chi Minh named the island Titov.
Highlights of Ti top Island
Titop Island has a crescent-shaped beach, surrounding the foot of the island. The beach here has fine white sand and clear blue seawater. In addition, the island has many green trees and a quiet space, so it is loved by many tourists.
Besides, the island has a high Titop mountain. You can climb the mountain to see the panoramic view of Halong Bay from above. There are 2 stops for you to observe: the middle of the mountain and at the top of the mountain.
Activities on Titop Island
Swimming and relaxing on the beach:
Titop Island has a beautiful beach with fine white sand. The beach is called Titop beach (or Moon beach). Although the beach is smaller than the one on Soi Sim Island, it is quieter and cleaner here. The sand here is white and smooth because it is constantly washed by the tide.
There’s nothing better than the feeling of immersing yourself in clear blue water, and then relaxing in the natural, fresh, and quiet atmosphere. Therefore, Titop Beach attracts a large number of tourists every year, especially in the summer.
Admiring the beauty of Halong Bay from the top of TiTop Mountain:
Titop Mountain has 400 steps. Conquer the stairs to reach the top of the mountain to see the beauty of Halong Bay from above. You will be immersed in the majestic beauty of Halong Bay.
Best time to go to Titop island
You can visit Titop Island all year round.
- Peak season: June – July for Vietnamese and Asian tourists. December – February for guests from Europe, America, and temperate countries.
- Low season: April – May and August – October.
If you plan to come to Halong during the peak months, you should book early to ensure there is still room available. And note that peak months will have higher prices than low season prices.
Especially holidays in Vietnam will often be crowded:
- Lunar New Year (usually falls in January or February).
- April 30 (Liberation of the South, unification of the country)
- May 1 (International Labor Day)
- September 2 (Vietnam National Day)
- Christmas Day (December 24).
How to get there?
Titop is one of the most beautiful islands and attracts many tourists here. So, the many ways to visit Titop Island:
- If you don’t have much time. You can join the Halong Daily cruise to visit Halong Bay as well as Titop Island during the day.
- You can participate in Overnight cruises. Halong Bay Cruises has routes to visit Halong Bay, all with the destination being Ti top Island. You will have 2 or 3 days to explore more of the charming beauty of Halong Bay.
- In addition, there are tours to Ti top Island by seaplane. The seaplane departs from Tuan Chau island and flies at a height of 300m for tourists to see, the final destination of the trip is Ti Top island.
No matter how you visit Ti top Island, you should book in advance to get preferential prices and avoid running out of rooms.