Dau Go Cave is one of the most famous attractions in Halong bay. It’s far from Bai Chay Dock about 5 km and 3,5 km from Tuan Chau Island. It has an ancient and unspoiled beauty with a lot of stalagmites and special shapes.
How Dau Go Cave is unique?
Dau Go Cave – the most pristine, most beautiful cave in Ha Long Bay. Ha Long Bay has many islands and caves, including many caves that have been and are attractive destinations in the itinerary of tourists like Trinh Nu , Dong Tien Lake, Maze, Sung Sot Cave … But perhaps no cave has the scale and many historical legends like Dau Go cave.
The most basic difference of Dau Go cave from other caves in Ha Long is the very large cave entrance. Thanks to this magnitude, a part of the cave is very bright.
According to the documents, Dau Go cave gate is 17 meters wide and 12 meters high. This particular place is also a shelter for a swallow. So if you visit, you will probably encounter this quite rare bird.
Top things to do in Dau Go Cave & Island
This place is rated as one of the most beautiful caves in Vietnam.
The cave has a rich diversity of flora and fauna. Due to the wide opening of the cave, the humidity inside the cave is high, plus the impact of sunlight. You can immediately see the diverse development of the flora, especially moss, fern and trees. The cave is divided into 3 compartments.
1st compartment of the cave.
The stalactite system has many familiar images of life: lions, pythons, turtles, and even the image of a pair of fighting chickens … The outer compartment has a dome shape filled with natural light. Ceiling cave is a giant “oil painting”, depicting a pristine natural landscape with stalagmites and stalactites. It creates many strange shapes depending on the rich imagination of each person: elephants are looking for food, the star deer are bewildered, the lion sleeps…
2nd compartment in Dau Go cave
This compartment begins with a monumental picture – images of rocky islands protruding from water waves are also clearly depicted in this picture. Combined with the dim light shining here, new pictures appear mysterious glitter. The hidden cluster of marble flowers at present, both familiar and unfamiliar images … make people both scared and curious …
3rd compartment of the cave
The third compartment of the cave, the cave’s heart suddenly expanded. At the end of the cave is a fairy well in four seasons with clear and overflowing fresh water. Space reminds you of the image of ancient citadels, on which there is a chaotic battle of elephants, horses in battle, people and horses crowded, swords and spears.
When is the best time to visit Dau Go Island?
In summer is the main tourist season of Ha Long, you should probably focus on the following stages: From March to May and from August to October and should not go around June – July every year because of The following reasons:
- The weekends of June – July are the peak days, the number of visitors to Ha Long is very crowded. So some visitors will feel the discomfort and the service price is often higher.
- At the same time, in terms of weather, according to the law of nature, June – July is the month when many storms land in the Gulf of Tonkin and Ha Long, so be careful when travelling to Ha Long in June. – 7. It is best to go to Ha Long early (from March to May) or go a little later (from August to October).
- If due to some reasons such as vacation, you must travel to Ha Long in June – July. You should hire travel agencies to organize and they will help you minimize the two weaknesses above.
How to get there?
Dau Go Cave is located about 300m from Thien Cung Cave on Dau Go Island and about 4 km south of the tourist boat port. The special feature of that cave is that there is a large starfish-shaped cave entrance that is more than 20 meters from the sea surface, quite unique.
You can travel to Dau Go Island by boat in two ways: buy tickets to visit the bay during the day or buy a boat tour to visit the bay and experience many other activities. Dau Go Island is located on tourist route number 1 along with other famous places such as Thien Cung Cave, Ba Hang Fishing Village, Hon Trong Da,…. So you should be careful when buying tickets to choose the appropriate schedule.
- Located near by Thien Cung cave – so most tourists visit Thien Cung Cave. Not many tourists visit Dau Go cave. So if you like more quiet with the natural beauty – So let’s skip Thien Cung Cave.
- This cave available for traveller do 1,2 or 3 days trip (But need to do private cruise)
- If you are a solo traveller – how can get information for this cave. Before entry the cave you can ask for tour guide (It’s free – Tips are welcome at the end)
Frequently Asked Questions About Dau Go Cave
What Are The Most Amazing Things To Do In Dau Go Cave?
The most amazing things to do in Dau Go Cave are:
Essential North Of Vietnam
Halong Bay Private Tours
Which Place Is Must See In Dau Go Cave?
These places must see in Dau Go Cave & around:
Thien Cung Cave
Hoa Cuong Fishing Village
Fighting Cock Islet